Sponsored by:

new power washer partially stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new power washer partially stuck

Okay, I have a 2006 Cayenne and in March I had to replace my front end-so it was a good time to put on the Turbo front end. He did a beautiful job- that was in April.A month later I saw my Headlight power washer stuck 3/4 the way toward the up position.
I had my son use the head lamp washer- it went all the way up, but went down just a little lower. Supposedly they were new in April, and the body guy is just as perplexed as I am. I looked at the part remaining up, and it's clean.
Help?!

FYI: I didn't try to force it down
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The problem may be as simple as a blocked nozzle or debris caught onto the shaft of the nozzle.

Contrary to the windshield washer system which uses an in-line pressure regulator/valve, the Cayenne's system uses pump pressure to lift the nozzle up and disperse fluid. Once the pump pressure stops, slight spring pressure w/gravity allows the nozzle to slip back into it's sheath. If the nozzle or hose leading to the defective jet is blocked with debris, this may impede proper operation.

Also, check the base of the protruding shaft for debris that may prevent the nozzle from re-docking. The nozzles are available to purchase as separate components.
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a way to fully lift the nozzle out to clean the shaft, or shaft cylinder?
It sprays just as well/evenly as the other one, but it would be nice to have a look at everything and make sure it's not bent? Or will I have to completely remove the unit? Also, do you know if it can be done without removing the bumper cover?
Your help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: new power washer partially stuck