Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Cayenne - Fuel Filter and Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 04:44 PM
khandielas
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, all, thank you very much. I managed to replace the high pressure fuel pump, following aka2465 wonderful instruction here
It is not an easy job for me to fight the three screws, esp. the bottom one.
I wonder if I take the intake manifold off first, it might save more labor and time even though it sounds like a lot of work.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:58 PM
Loumax3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loumax3
CONFUSED!!! On my 2006 Cayenne S the original pump had different connections. If I assume that the two black corrugated pipes are the In-tank Sucking Jet Pumps , They were originally connected to the top of the original fuel pump through a connector similar to the yellow connector on the new pump. In your diagram the sucking pumps are connected to one of the lines coming out of the respective fuel pump. If that's the case with the new replacement pump, where are the shortest fuel pump lines supposed to go
Never the less if you look at the Rennlist photo from Steve Neilson thread , the black line on the does appear on the pic , and the “ in-tank sucking pumps “ are connected to one of the fuel pump lines instead of the top of the fuel pump.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:00 PM
Loumax3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loumax3
CONFUSED!!! On my 2006 Cayenne S the original pump had different connections. If I assume that the two black corrugated pipes are the In-tank Sucking Jet Pumps , They were originally connected to the top of the original fuel pump through a connector similar to the yellow connector on the new pump. In your diagram the sucking pumps are connected to one of the lines coming out of the respective fuel pump. If that's the case with the new replacement pump, where are the shortest fuel pump lines supposed to go
Never the less if you look at the Rennlist photo from Steve Neilson thread , the black line on the does not appear on the pic , and the “ in-tank sucking pumps “ are connected to one of the fuel pump lines instead of the top of the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: 04 Cayenne - Fuel Filter and Pump Replacement