Sponsored by:

WB40 Campaign - 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts
Default WB40 Campaign - 2011 Cayenne

Took the Cayenne in for it's first oil change today as I'm approaching the 1 yr mark (only ~9k miles), also completed was the wb40 campaign, update to the instrument cluster coding. Anyone know what the update entails? All my cluster settings were lost when I picked her up, just curious as to what was actually completed. The SA was clueless. TIA.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

No idea. Let us know if you find out.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Times two. Mine was in last week for the update plus the oil gauge recalibration. Other than wiping out all my settings, I have no idea what the wb40 is supposed to accomplish.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Nothing you'll be able to see, just a more stable software OS" (c) dealer.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Memo to dealer ...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

New software adds oil when the engine gets low, you never have to add it yourself (or pester your dealer for it).
Old 01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
New software adds oil when the engine gets low, you never have to add it yourself (or pester your dealer for it).
Ahhhhh.......
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Memo to dealer ...

I have a scheduled visit to dealer next week to change the parts that'll make my P!G go 10k miles without needing oil

"In all fairness, and to be fair", whatever it is they did few months ago does make the P!G go at least 800 miles between needing oil nowadays.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

I have a scheduled visit to dealer next week to change the parts that'll make my P!G go 10k miles without needing oil

"In all fairness, and to be fair", whatever it is they did few months ago does make the P!G go at least 800 miles between needing oil nowadays.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

What they did was put in a higher viscosity oil.

It should be fairly easy to determine where the oil is being 'lost' .. pull the plugs, look at the cats internally, check the turbos ... the question is of course how much $$ PCNA is willing to spend.

The answer is of course "as little as possible" or "next to nothing" ... which surprisingly can be altered by "legal means" ... or so the story goes.

They know why it's burning oil, it's just expensive to fix and they don't want to unless they are forced to.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
What they did was put in a higher viscosity oil.

It should be fairly easy to determine where the oil is being 'lost' .. pull the plugs, look at the cats internally, check the turbos ... the question is of course how much $$ PCNA is willing to spend.

The answer is of course "as little as possible" or "next to nothing" ... which surprisingly can be altered by "legal means" ... or so the story goes.

They know why it's burning oil, it's just expensive to fix and they don't want to unless they are forced to.
PCNA are a bunch of b!tches to deal with. Figuratively AND literally speaking. I did open up a case and these women I've dealt with are impenetrable (ha!) with their "your consumption is within Porsche specs"
Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

PCNA are a bunch of b!tches to deal with. Figuratively AND literally speaking. I did open up a case and these women I've dealt with are impenetrable (ha!) with their "your consumption is within Porsche specs"
If Larry were alive today, he would agree.
He would probably also skip the "PCNA foreplay" and go straight to depositions and set a trial date.

You would be somewhat surprised at how busy PCNA Legal can be ... or so I've heard ... when it comes to substantial $ or buyback issues.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
If Larry were alive today, he would agree.
He would probably also skip the "PCNA foreplay" and go straight to depositions and set a trial date.

You would be somewhat surprised at how busy PCNA Legal can be ... or so I've heard ... when it comes to substantial $ or buyback issues.
If Larry were alive today I'd do everything in my power to hire him as legal counsel, but since he isn't. Screw it. Que sera sera.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

If Larry were alive today I'd do everything in my power to hire him as legal counsel, but since he isn't. Screw it. Que sera sera.
Were he alive today, I am sure he would have done it pro bono, just for another chance to p!ss off PCNA.

"if you think we are going to buy back this Cayenne for a "!" Check Trailer Lights, you are out of your mind" ... I don't think it turned out quite the way they were certain it was going to.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have this Campaign applied twice to mine, since the first week in service I already got a "oil above maximum level" warning.

Or maybe they're just overfilling the new p!gs thinking they will burn off anyway?

Quick Reply: WB40 Campaign - 2011 Cayenne