Sponsored by:

Brake Pad Replaced Every Year

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Jamesdtm, When the brake warning light go on it is time for a brake service. The dealer is just trying to make $$ and not allowing you the full service life of the brakes currently installed on your Cayenne. Follow the onwers service books to protect yourself...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Hartdude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your brake warning should come on with about 4mm of brake pad remaining. Ask your dealer for an exact measurement of the pad prior to approving the work.

When I replace parts on customer vehicles, such as brake pads, I always throw the old pads in the box the new brake pads came in, just in case there is ever a question, or someone wants to see the old parts. The car gets picked up, they go in the trash. CYA is my policy.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
You are being bent over.
As a medical professional, I'll second that.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

On my 2004CT, just replaced front brakes / rotors -- first time at 76Kmi. Rear brakes are still good. Most of my driving is freeway, and since my friend, pictured to the left, tends to get car sick, I drive like grandma when she's a passenger -- on the long drives to Tahoe. I anticipate red lights / slow traffic, to avoid accelerating and then braking, likely using less energy -- my only contribution to the green cause.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesdtm
I knew something was wrong... In this case bent over seems an understatement...

We are being charged annually $1100 and some change for Maintenance service and brake job for either axle...
Please identify the dealer
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
On my 2004CT, just replaced front brakes / rotors -- first time at 76Kmi. Rear brakes are still good. Most of my driving is freeway, and since my friend, pictured to the left, tends to get car sick, I drive like grandma when she's a passenger -- on the long drives to Tahoe. I anticipate red lights / slow traffic, to avoid accelerating and then braking, likely using less energy -- my only contribution to the green cause.
You sure you shouldn't have just gotten a Prius...?

I vote you trade your '04CT to someone who will unleash its inner beast. If you're not changing your pads every 20K, you're not driving it like the P-car it longs to be. Just ask Pops. Personally, I'm totally scared that every piece will fall off on the next accelerative kickdown burst, but that's why I bought this car in the first place - because it can. And should.

Next trip to Tahoe, I'll meet you at the base of the big hill in Folsom. We can slalom up to Placerville side-by-side. Lay the backseats down, pad the sides with pillows, and see if your dog isn't howling with excitement as he sloshes around!

How-ooooooooooohh!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
You sure you shouldn't have just gotten a Prius...?

I vote you trade your '04CT to someone who will unleash its inner beast. If you're not changing your pads every 20K, you're not driving it like the P-car it longs to be. Just ask Pops. Personally, I'm totally scared that every piece will fall off on the next accelerative kickdown burst, but that's why I bought this car in the first place - because it can. And should.

Next trip to Tahoe, I'll meet you at the base of the big hill in Folsom. We can slalom up to Placerville side-by-side. Lay the backseats down, pad the sides with pillows, and see if your dog isn't howling with excitement as he sloshes around!

How-ooooooooooohh!!!
OK, someone calculate the shipping for a CT-S from Zilina, Slovakia to Folsom, CA, I wanna be there

my dog actually likes driving fast, but he's way smaller and sits in the passenger seat most of the time
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Girls, I'll be happy to join you. Be ready to cry at the constant sight of ugliness that is my P!G's a$$

P.S. My dog likes to drive fast as well. He'll be in the passenger seat and you'll recognize him by his signature sweater

Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Always liked this commercial.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 900 Posts

My brakes tend to last about 40K miles, including fast driving and mountain driving.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
OK, someone calculate the shipping for a CT-S from Zilina, Slovakia to Folsom, CA, I wanna be there
Only if you bring the Veyron!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:22 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Girls, I'll be happy to join you. Be ready to cry at the constant sight of ugliness that is my P!G's a$$

P.S. My dog likes to drive fast as well. He'll be in the passenger seat and you'll recognize him by his signature sweater

First of all, it's "women" not girls. Show a little respect.

Next, how on earth does your 300-lb fat comrade a$$ have a tiny little toy dog like that?? Are you sure you can't just plop it on the dash like a bobble-head?

As for watching your other a$$, there will be no such engine stress put on my/LTC's next CTT by you or your dog. And keep his pet hair out of our nice heated/cooled perforated leather too. Better not be yellow stains in there anywhere. Or brown (didn't you give Divot a ride once?).
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Only if you bring the Veyron!
not mine I was just the driver. if I ask the owner, he might do it, he's all for fun I just doubt it will fit into his G-IV...
Old 01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Next, how on earth does your 300-lb fat comrade a$$ have a tiny little toy dog like that?? Are you sure you can't just plop it on the dash like a bobble-head?

As for watching your other a$$, there will be no such engine stress put on my/LTC's next CTT by you or your dog. And keep his pet hair out of our nice heated/cooled perforated leather too. Better not be yellow stains in there anywhere. Or brown (didn't you give Divot a ride once?).
Whoa, whoa. Slow down, cowboy.

1.) We are talking about Pops in a brake thread. Pops does not use brakes, ever. The pads will remain in pristine unused new condition all the way to Moscow.

B.) I have to use a baseball bat to fight off overtures for "the ride."

Third.) As if I would ever hop in any seat other than behind the wheel in the PopsMobile.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Telling a 300# comrade to show a little respect is not a good idea

2. Pet hair & Divot-stains come with the P!G. Take it or leave it, but only after Louis is done with it

3. Any time you'd like a visual of my 18# dog's teeth (or his huge truck nutz), just ask. And keep in mind, it's a terrier. He doesn't care if you're bigger, stronger, scarier. He feels no pain, he's stubborn as hell and will die making you HURT....

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Replaced Every Year