Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS and Cayenne V6 order

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Panamera GTS and Cayenne V6 order

This is my first thread ever in a forum so sorry for the inexperience.

I just traded in my Panamera V6 for a Panamera GTS. Allocation with built date 02.01.2012.

I feel the Panamera GTS is pretty loaded so I did not add too much:

- ParkAssist, Front and Rear, with Reversing Camera
- Servotronic
- 20" 911 Turbo II Wheels
- Interior Lighting Package for Rear Compartment
- Bose® Surround Sound System

I got 3% off MSRP. Placed the order last monday as soon as they got the allocation.

We now decided to also change my wife's Q5 with a Cayenne V6. They also have a February allocation.

This is what I am considering:

- Cayenne Tiptronic
- Premium Package Plus
- Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
- Panorama Roof System
- Porsche Active Suspension Managmement (PASM)
- Servotronic
- 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
- Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
- 14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
- BOSE(R) Surround Sound System

I was ok with the GTS discount considering that was their only allocation. But I know they have more room to play with the Cayenne. What should I expect as discount on the Cayenne considering we are placing 2 orders at the same time?

Any suggestions on the configurations?

Thanks in advance for the info
Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

I would shoot for 5%. As hot as the Cayenne is (especially) the V6 market, the fact that you are ordering two puts you in a VIP status. At the very least you should get 3%. There is not more room in the Cayenne like you think. Check any dealers lot. There are more Pannys than Cayennes. In fact there are hardly any Cayennes around three dealers within a 300 mile radius.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I see your point. Hopefully ordering 2 will get me close to your suggested 5%!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I hope you can get a discount. Up here it's a 9 month wait for a Cayenne...dealer doesn't even call me back regarding placing an order LOL...
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Getting the 3% discount on the Panamera GTS was like pulling teeth. Let's hope they are a little more flexible with the Cayenne...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build aalencar.
If you really want to bond with your Porsches, can I highly recommend tourist delivery. Well worth it, and a great chance to spend some time in Europe taking your new vehicles to their real limits. We enjoyed our experience immensely.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats. Sorry can't offer any assistance on the pricing though.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I have always wanted to do European Delivery. All I hear is great stuff about it. The problem is that my deliveries are never around a good time in my schedule to do it...
Old 12-19-2011, 01:29 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

If they can't do much of a discount I would suggest you ask them to throw in a 4 yr tire/wheel insurance ($750.00 value for me), clear-bra (only after you've seen the work of their outsourced installer and tint (if you do care to tint the front windows), all weather floor mats and trunk mat with nubuck edging.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:29 AM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please keep us posted on the discount you end up with. Around here the best I could get is $1k off a v6. And that's from the dealer where I bought my Carrera from. They couldn't get enough of them to meet the demand.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
If they can't do much of a discount I would suggest you ask them to throw in a 4 yr tire/wheel insurance ($750.00 value for me), clear-bra (only after you've seen the work of their outsourced installer and tint (if you do care to tint the front windows), all weather floor mats and trunk mat with nubuck edging.
Question on tire/wheel insurance. I have the worst luck with tires. I get a nail/screw stuck in my tires about every six months. Usually repairable. Question regarding tire insurance is what happens when one tire blows out, but your other three tires have about 40% tread left on them? Does insurance only cover the one blown tire in which case you would have pay to replace the three other tires to keep the tire treads in balance? This is especially a concern with AWD vehicles.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

I had wheel/tire insurance on the Q5. Got one unrepairable puncture on the front passenger and had to replace it. I paid for the replacement and then remembered I had the insurance. Got approved for a reimbursement check (not received it yet, 3 weeks ago). The other tires were pretty new so I only changed the bad one. I believe they would not have paid for the other ones...
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

My C4s had a nail that damaged one rear tire, dealer picked up the tab for only that one and the mounting and balancing involved. On the C4s, just the rears (which are a different size compared to the fronts) can be changed (and not all 4 ). Still a $500.00 value.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Question on tire/wheel insurance. I have the worst luck with tires. I get a nail/screw stuck in my tires about every six months. Usually repairable. Question regarding tire insurance is what happens when one tire blows out, but your other three tires have about 40% tread left on them? Does insurance only cover the one blown tire in which case you would have pay to replace the three other tires to keep the tire treads in balance? This is especially a concern with AWD vehicles.
I thought this issue was only a concern for the other wheel on the same axle?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I thought this issue was only a concern for the other wheel on the same axle?
Here's a good explanation of why running a slightly different diameter tire (due to wear) on one corner of an AWD vehicle can be a problem:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=18

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS and Cayenne V6 order