Sponsored by:

Cayenne Electrical Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:08 PM
930robb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cayenne Electrical Gremlins

I have a 2006 Turbo S with 24,000 miles on it. All of the sudden it is starting to have electrical issues. The dash display shows brake light failure when in fact the brake lights are fine. This is a steady problem. It also showed suspension system faulty which went away. It lost the entire radio and navigation which went away after several short drives. This morning is showed that the left cornering light was faulty and it also went away. Has anyone ever seen these types of problems? It does have a new battery that is only 6 months old and it starts fine. I do have a soare wrecked 2006 that I can use for a parts car for things like the computer that I suspect may be the issue. Any help appreciated as the dealers i have contacted have no idea where to start. May be easier to just sell it and buy a new one.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a similar issue with my GTS last winter. The dash cluster lit up like a christmas tree with every fault imaginable lighting up. In addition, the transmission was in limp-home mode and wouldn't shift out of 3rd gear.

The problem was traced to a commonly-known issue amongst dealers where an electrical CAN-BUS connector below the driver's side carpet becomes wet and eventually corrodes.

The problem is usually linked to a blocked or frozen sunroof drain which allows water to penetrate the floor below the carpet. In their infinite wisdom, PAG put this connector at the lowest point of the floor where water could collect; if water was to collect in any part of the vehicle, it would be here. Hope this helps you.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 PM
930robb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that you mention it i think my AC drain is clogged as the windows are steaming up. I am going to put it on my lift at home this weekend and clear it if possible. The carpet was a little wet. Any idea wher the connector is in the Cayenne. I must admit my good old 930 is a lot easier to work on.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:02 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

IMHO... symptomatic of the trend of utilzing ICs in new gen autos.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Electrical Gremlins