Sponsored by:

Taking delivery -what to look for

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 AM
HKinVA
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taking delivery -what to look for

My new beauty is in port and is scheduled to be delivered within a week. From you folks that have taken delivery of a new Cayenne, are there any special things to look for? It will be an 8 cylinder model. PP+ Just wondering if there are things that others wish they had noticed when they picked up their cars and then had to bring it back in for service or whatever. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 192 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by HKinVA
My new beauty is in port and is scheduled to be delivered within a week. From you folks that have taken delivery of a new Cayenne, are there any special things to look for? It will be an 8 cylinder model. PP+ Just wondering if there are things that others wish they had noticed when they picked up their cars and then had to bring it back in for service or whatever. Thanks in advance.
Nothing special relative to the Cayenne that I can think of. Just the normal stuff you'd do with any new car; examine closely for any dings, scratches etc. before you leave the lot. Congrats on your new baby!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealer installs the front plate bracket. If you want no plate, or tow hook/alternate mount, you need to let them know not to drill the front bumper.

Pics or ban!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM
WFBlue
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decide whether you want the dealer to "detail" the car for you, especially the exterior. If you are concerned about the affect of their cleaning methods on the clear-coat, you may want to tell them to skip it. There are many threads here and elsewhere about proper cleaning to minimize swirls/scratches (two bucket method, foaming, etc), and if that matters to you, the dealer is probably not the place to have the vehicle cleaned.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 192 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
The dealer installs the front plate bracket. If you want no plate, or tow hook/alternate mount, you need to let them know not to drill the front bumper.

Pics or ban!
My dealer automatically doesn't drill the holes so I didn't worry about it, but an excellent point.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 PM
HKinVA
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, those are excellent points. I am getting the tow hook mounts so I will let them know. As this will be my daily drive in a big city, I may not be able to be as particular about a perfect finish, but I'll try.
Thanks again

Quick Reply: Taking delivery -what to look for