Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking and Beeping sound indicator

Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
elycayenne06
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking and Beeping sound indicator

When you signal left or right, also when your seat belt is not plugged in, you can hear clicking and beeping sound from some sort of sound device under the dash. Well, my “device” first made scrambled sound for a while and then faded out all together. Now signaling left or right or no seat belt has no sound.
On one hand I actually like this new development, on the other I should take care of this problem at some point.
Anyone had this problem?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine sounded really "sick" for a long while... Plus I couldn't reset my trip odometer and my lcd panel looked a bit "wonky" at times... My local dealer suggested that I needed a new instrument cluster. Bought and had installed at almost $2k... still had the problem! Turns out, interference from cracked coils was causing my issues... Be sure and verify that you have the issue with the engine not running! Wish I had!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:53 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

my blinker on reminder warnings burned out years ago...
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost all warning sounds 3 or 4 months ago. They came back very briefly once and then disappeared again, apparently for good.

The dealer's tech folks - who I trust - think a replacement instrument cluster will be the fix, but I'm not ready to pony up the $1500 or so to do that.

IIRC they can plug in the new cluster to see if it is the needed fix before actually doing the install.

The main thing I miss is the sound warning that I've left the headlights on. I do a lot of turnpike driving in daylight and I prefer to switch the lights on manually when I start out (leaving the switch on 'auto' won't do it).

--Bob / 2004 S

Last edited by rbaron; 11-18-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 11-21-2011, 03:03 PM
elycayenne06
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I remember replacing a relay for about $5 to $10 on my Blazer to fix clicking and blinking . I’m almost sure, that it is just a small speaker, about $3 worth, hiding some place in that $1500 German cluster panel...
Also I keep my head lights on “AUTO” but if you turn in to a parking spot and forget to turn your signal light off, the signal light will not blink, will just stay on and you will not hear any indication that they are on, and on the bright day light I failed to notice them twice already. Likely the battery held up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clicking and Beeping sound indicator