Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Sound Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Darold Belshe
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 499 for the MOST adapter, it works for all radios, but the steering wheel controls will only work for Alpine and Kenwood. Did the install myself, went pretty smooth, other then still trying to figure out the wiring for the reverse cam. the hardest part was running the gps and sirius antenna to the back spoiler.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Gian124
Cruisin'

I know the Kenwood has a direct-connect plug&play option for the camera... it was EXTREMELY simple to integrate into the head unit, just a pain running the wiring all the way through the headliner to the front. You can control the camera modes, etc. from the head unit.

I upgraded from my 04 Turbo to an 09 Turbo S... and I miss the night-vision clarity of my aftermarket back-up cam compared to the OEM camera on the newer car. The Kenwood CMOS-300 was very clear in all conditions and the variety of angles and box-parking grid option were really cool.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Gian124
Cruisin'

I checked my interface, it is the same used on this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...s-on-04-a.html

I used the MOST HUR 955
Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 PM
2gofast
Cruisin'

I too am looking to upgrade my PCM system in 06 PIG. Good information here.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Darold Belshe
6th Gear

My mistake was not going with the Kenwood camera but with one off of Amazon. It is intergrated with the license plate light and I thought it had a cleaner look. The video cable is no problem, but it has three different power wires (+ and -) that I am trying to figure out where they all hook in. Haven't had time to work on it since Sunday hopefully will be able to get to it soon.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Rick M Belton
Track Day

Originally Posted by Darold Belshe
My mistake was not going with the Kenwood camera but with one off of Amazon. It is intergrated with the license plate light and I thought it had a cleaner look. The video cable is no problem, but it has three different power wires (+ and -) that I am trying to figure out where they all hook in. Haven't had time to work on it since Sunday hopefully will be able to get to it soon.
Darold , I need to talk to you about your install , I am in the middle of one and need to ask you some questions . I tried to PM you but havent heard back .
Thanks Rick M
my e mail is mbauto@vvm.com

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sound Systems