V6 for the long haul?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Deliberate1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 for the long haul?

Friends,
My first post and first thoughts about a Porsche. I have been an Audi guy for the last 12 year. Had a '99 A4 for 150k miles. Family car is an 03' Grand Caravan with 260k miles. And my daily driver is an '01 Audi S4 which has given me 247k trouble free miles - other than ball joints from crappy back Maine roads.
So I keep my cars till they drop which makes buying the right vehicle important. But it also frees me up to buy one with more miles because trade value is not an issue.
I have nothing but praise for the Audi's in snow, which we deal with for about 6 months out of the year. With snow tires all around your can climb trees. The problem is clearance. Unplowed roads create a bit of a challenge. In my next vehicle I want one that is fun to drive but also is a bit more utilitarian. And that led me to the Cayenne. I also rode in one for the first time on a ski trip to Co and was very impressed.
I priced out a new Cayenne. Just a basic with the differential is quite pricey. My search for a used one led me to an '08 with 39k miles for more than 20k less than new. Not a CPO but it has 6 speed which is a must for me.
So I am curious as to whether there are any of you folks out there like me who keep your vehicles for the long haul, and more particularly, what the prospects are for long term ownership of the V6/manual version.
Finally, where this V6 is still under the original warranty, can you get a Porsche CPO, for a price, no doubt.
Many thanks for your time,
David
Old 11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Cayenne V6 is an Audi engine, basically the venerable VR6 with a Porsche intake. So, there is history.

As for the rest of the vehicle ....

Quick Reply: V6 for the long haul?