Sponsored by:

Quick pics. New 2012 with the new upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by j080808
Nice set-up, like wheels. Did you order with the front side air intakes painted?
on the v6 the sides get painted (makes no sense, gotta pay like $1800 on the S to get the slits painted..)

i had the service tech print me out a sheet showing me how to remove them and i'm going to swap em with the "S" unpainted ones... on the Meteor Grey one i had you couldn't notice the sides, but on the White I dont really like em (no option to swap pre delivery) I would say those and the light comfort package are the only two things i dislike about the new Cayenne.... the LED lights are brighter than all hell.... BUT the ones i would like to be bright (arm rest strips) are yellowish and dim.... no biggies at all tho... i'll turn the "horseshoe"off for now and tinker around with the door strips.

Originally Posted by VorsprungDurchTechnik
Wow, this is my 3rd Porsche purchase. I am going to lodge a formal complaint with PCNA to have them retrofit my car with the brake rotors/clock/lock&unlock switch. Especially the brakes, since this is a safety issue. This is NOT good business practice on the part of Porsche.
the changes they make are "mid year changes" you really have no grounds for a complaint since it was a random change... if anything you could complain to dealer that he didn't forward the memo to you... and therefore get maybe the clock retrofitted (not sure if they could add the door buttons and so forth)

my dealer just fwd'd me the memo when he found out and I made the call from there..

brakes were not changed because of safety, they said was because of noise complaints...

end of the day, you got what you originally ordered... so I dont think PCNA would bat an eye.... just order another one... i've had several porsches and theres always that small "woulda, shoulda, coulda"... on the 2011 i got the rear side airbags and a couple other goodies by like 3 days accidentally.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:02 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

side note: different markings on some buttons including AC controls... (+ and - on buttons as well as "temp" and "fan" below now as well...) super redundant imo.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:17 AM
d_amt_78
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking..Is it V6 or V8?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 AM
j080808
Advanced

Originally Posted by rijowysock
on the v6 the sides get painted (makes no sense, gotta pay like $1800 on the S to get the slits painted..)
Nice to know, I never realized since my S were black and now I am ordering a V6. Cant tell, is that Sand White or White?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow, this is my 3rd Porsche purchase. I am going to lodge a formal complaint with PCNA to have them retrofit my car with the brake rotors/clock/lock&unlock switch. Especially the brakes, since this is a safety issue. This is NOT good business practice on the part of Porsche.
"Specifications, performance standards, standard equipment, options, and other elements shown are subject to change without notice".

All due respect, but you don't have a prayer.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:02 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Safety issue?
Not knowing what time it is or when or how to get out of a Cayenne is a safety issue?

IIRC, the formal complaint forms come in a roll format, 3rd stall, 4th floor, PCNA Legal department.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
VorsprungDurchTechnik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
"Specifications, performance standards, standard equipment, options, and other elements shown are subject to change without notice".

All due respect, but you don't have a prayer.
I realize that there is a Disclaimer as to vehicle specifications, but I live by the credo, "it never hurts to ask," the worst they can say is "no."
Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I realize that there is a Disclaimer as to vehicle specifications, but I live by the credo, "it never hurts to ask," the worst they can say is "no."
So we have gone from "I am going to lodge a formal complaint with PCNA to have them retrofit my car with the brake rotors/clock/lock&unlock switch. Especially the brakes, since this is a safety issue" to asking them.

Make sure you say pretty please with sugar on top ... they like that.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

OK, but be prepared for "F$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ck Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Followed by laughing.......
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by d_amt_78
Great looking..Is it V6 or V8?
it is a v6, I am a VERY strong advocate for the V6... and find the power and comfort very comparable to the current v8 (the turbo being set apart in its own realm)

Originally Posted by j080808
Nice to know, I never realized since my S were black and now I am ordering a V6. Cant tell, is that Sand White or White?
i guess one way to notice would be your sides are gloss black and middles are that raw plastic appearance...

my vehicle is sand white, I originally got excited and ordered the new "white" but those vehicles were long delayed and still are not in transit/being built because of said delay... i've seen some sand white cars that look great and others that didn't but upon delivery was very happy with my color choice as it looks very white and not "sandy".. they did however have a sand white V6 with sand beige interior parked next to my vehicle and i felt the color looked completely different as the luxor beige made the exterior look more yellowed...

my favorite picture so far here in NC where i've stopped on my journey back to Florida.

from delivery in Ohio to Stopping in Florida:

22.4mpg was not bad i felt for such a long trip at high speeds (mountainous terrain) the last time i made this trip with my '11, i got around 24mpg but I had the tires overinflated by mistake of the dealer (filled to the wrong size and load levels) which i feel changed the mileage slightly, also i was traveling at a slightly faster rate of speed this time.

Last edited by rijowysock; 01-09-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

New door locks and dash clock and new brakes. Pretty cool how Porsche does mid year upgrades and changes.

new pics added... still cell pics but better than b4,

center caps in wheels still need the crest put back in.... too black now... crest metal insert was removed to coat.

-Riley.

Beautiful, would you mind sharing your full specs.
PS on the wheels have you thought about putting a silver lip, and breaking up the blackness?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Beautiful, would you mind sharing your full specs.
PS on the wheels have you thought about putting a silver lip, and breaking up the blackness?
funny thing, driving thru Cary i was thinking about the video's u posted back in 997 forum when i saw the blue NC plates passing me (i remember your statement about how it was nice maritime came in blue instead of the red plates)

my Specs:

Vehicle Prices* Cayenne Tiptronic $48,200
Individual equipment Prices*
Sand White $0 Two-tone Leather Interior in $4,085 Black/Titanium Blue
Deletion of Model Designation $0 Exterior Package in High-gloss Black $150 Servotronic $270 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto $3,000 Start Stop Function
18" Cayenne Wheel $0 Driver Memory Package $390 Light Comfort Package with Memory $250 Package
8-way power seats $0

very simple build, basically splurged on the blue and left the rest the same, i will admit that driving a panamera with NAV makes me realize how nice it is to have in the cluster screen but the 4k is insane for nav... i will wait for my 991 which has nav standard to enjoy that function of driving... other debate i had was the panoramic roof, which is nice but i dont like the look of it when retracted and was nervous about the car being hot as the umber hybrid they have at dealer w/ pano roof is always hot as hell inside versus the others.

as far as a lip on wheels, i really like the all black look... the raw lip is nice on big wheels but on 18" stocks would make them look even smaller i think... the one thing i do hate but will be changed soon are the center caps as i prefer the crest to be visible as then you know they are OEM wheels and not some random wheels.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

funny thing, driving thru Cary i was thinking about the video's u posted back in 997 forum when i saw the blue NC plates passing me (i remember your statement about how it was nice maritime came in blue instead of the red plates)

my Specs:

Vehicle Prices* Cayenne Tiptronic $48,200
Individual equipment Prices*
Sand White $0 Two-tone Leather Interior in $4,085 Black/Titanium Blue
Deletion of Model Designation $0 Exterior Package in High-gloss Black $150 Servotronic $270 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto $3,000 Start Stop Function
18" Cayenne Wheel $0 Driver Memory Package $390 Light Comfort Package with Memory $250 Package
8-way power seats $0

very simple build, basically splurged on the blue and left the rest the same, i will admit that driving a panamera with NAV makes me realize how nice it is to have in the cluster screen but the 4k is insane for nav... i will wait for my 991 which has nav standard to enjoy that function of driving... other debate i had was the panoramic roof, which is nice but i dont like the look of it when retracted and was nervous about the car being hot as the umber hybrid they have at dealer w/ pano roof is always hot as hell inside versus the others.

as far as a lip on wheels, i really like the all black look... the raw lip is nice on big wheels but on 18" stocks would make them look even smaller i think... the one thing i do hate but will be changed soon are the center caps as i prefer the crest to be visible as then you know they are OEM wheels and not some random wheels.
You have a great memory.

I love that spec and believe that the full leather, where you sit all day, is the best place to spend the $4k, great choice.
Also agree on the 18" wheels, no need to highlight the size.
I like the way you didn't take the Bose @ $2k - good for you.

Yeah pano roof, 21" wheels, heated & vented seats, nav & euro delivery would all be nice but add what? 15$k Wow!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Loving the interior choice of two tone color Riley. Well done. You change cars faster than my gas refill on my 3.2 Carrera ... Amazing. But knowing you, it is safe to assume that you probably did not lose much on the trade in.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bruce R
You have a great memory.

I love that spec and believe that the full leather, where you sit all day, is the best place to spend the $4k, great choice.
Also agree on the 18" wheels, no need to highlight the size.
I like the way you didn't take the Bose @ $2k - good for you.

Yeah pano roof, 21" wheels, heated & vented seats, nav & euro delivery would all be nice but add what? 15$k Wow!
i had full leather on my 997 cab and never really liked it (first porsche) because of the upkeep and never bought it again but first impressions when i saw this car was "wow" the leather is so nice to the touch and looks wise, and for some reason my back doesnt get as sweaty (maybe breathes more? the perforation def is different than my previous one) and the detail on doors and such is superb....

originally my order for 991 was without full leather, but i think now i might make a change... still debating... its he $3690 question.

when i was selling the '11 people would demand it needed to have NAV, and when i said.. well would you pay 4k more for it.. they always said no, same with bose at 2k, roof at 2k, ventilated seats is $2500 to get em in the car, add's up quickly... would rather save that money for a rainy day or another car.

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Loving the interior choice of two tone color Riley. Well done. You change cars faster than my gas refill on my 3.2 Carrera ... Amazing. But knowing you, it is safe to assume that you probably did not lose much on the trade in.

thank you, I actually pocketed a large chunk of change on the trade so it works out well and hopefully can do the same on this vehicle so I can make up for a large recent loss i had on another venture... i originally said the profit would go against the loss on 991 but i'll have to find something else to cover the instant 20k loss on buying 991.

Quick Reply: Quick pics. New 2012 with the new upgrades