Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011 | 11:23 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Default Rear Ended

I have to say.. the pig can take a hit in the ***. The offending car had the front end buckled including the hood. She nailed my towing receiver. I still had $6K of damage since she bent the exhaust but other than that no sheet metal damage just the number cover.
Old 10-15-2011 | 01:32 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Good to hear you are okay!
Old 10-15-2011 | 06:58 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Had a similar thing several years ago. I was stopped at a light and a kid in a Suburban hit me in the rear doing about 30 mph. His vehicle was hurt rather bad, all his air bags deployed and he had a small dash fire. Our '08 Cayenne did much better. Rear bumper cover torn, one side of the exhaust bent and the sheet metal on the rear hatch dented BUT no glass cracked or broken and the rear hatch would still open, close and latch electrically. The trailer hitch assembly took the force of the impact. There was also no frame damage. I was able to drive the Cayenne over 50 miles to the dealership at highway speeds... but it did crab a bit as the alignment was way off. When I saw the impact coming I put my foot hard on the brake to avoid being pushed into the intersection. Great vehicles and will protect you from the idiots.... and there are lots of them. By the way the '08 is gone and I like our 2011 Cayenne S even better.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended