Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there a better forum for 2011 Cayenne and newer?? too much old cayenne stuff here

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Well, it's not our fault!

The unwritten RL rule is that, we stop grilling a newbie once his/hers post count exceeds the number of forum-model specific TSBs.

In the P!G pen, by the time they reach that ever-changing number for the Cayenne, all of them look like this:

But as I said, it's not our fault..
Doubt they'll find something this good over on 6Speed...
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Doubt they'll find something this good over on 6Speed...
That looks perfectly caramelized to me. Did somebody complain?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 to whoever said the P!gs got better. People need to realize the early models paved the way for the current "SUV of the Year" accolades. If not for the brave early adopters buying, driving, testing, and providing 'feedback' to PCNA, the Cayenne would not be half as solid and reliable as it is now.

If all the problem threads are about 03 - 06 or 08 models, then that should tell you something. If you're wondering where your Coolant Pipes thread is, well, that's the point. Instead of worrying about coils and Cardans, you get to wave at each other in the 'Look How Cool My New Cayenne Is' and 'Wish I Got The Backseat Espresso Maker Option' threads.

Your pioneer Cayenne ancestors settled the rugged land, ran off wild animals and natives, planted crops, built homes, established order and civilization, etc., and now generations later, you live in a nice suburban gated community with a clubhouse.

Show some respect for your elders...
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Good point Sean. However, I think Larry left some trapdoors in the software for the new models.... Just to keep everybody honest
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
+1 to whoever said the P!gs got better. People need to realize the early models paved the way for the current "SUV of the Year" accolades. If not for the brave early adopters buying, driving, testing, and providing 'feedback' to PCNA, the Cayenne would not be half as solid and reliable as it is now.

If all the problem threads are about 03 - 06 or 08 models, then that should tell you something. If you're wondering where your Coolant Pipes thread is, well, that's the point. Instead of worrying about coils and Cardans, you get to wave at each other in the 'Look How Cool My New Cayenne Is' and 'Wish I Got The Backseat Espresso Maker Option' threads.

Your pioneer Cayenne ancestors settled the rugged land, ran off wild animals and natives, planted crops, built homes, established order and civilization, etc., and now generations later, you live in a nice suburban gated community with a clubhouse.

Bravo! Well said.

The only ones who have it better are the owners of the '07 Cayennes, you'll NEVER see one of them in the shop for repairs.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

And made shirits!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

We shall be forever in your debt......
Old 10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

[I]Newer[I] than 2012? Well there is the 2014 owners forum but it's pretty exclusive, actually a sub-forum of the 2007 owners forum. It is password protected and invitation only; very hush-hush.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not to mention secret handshake and code ring...
Old 10-14-2011, 02:03 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
We shall be forever in your debt......
Yes we shall ...
Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...and likewise, I am forever in debt to the poor soul who paid $100k to put the first 30K on the CTT I proudly drive now.

On another note, Pops and I think there are way too many youngsters driving these cars in the first place (ah, the irony...).
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 467 Posts

I've participated on 3 forums here (928, 924/944, Cayenne) and in my experience, each has a distinct flavor. Of the three, this one is the most irreverent, the hardest on n00bs, the harshest on the vehicles and usually the most fun.

None of those forums has their own t-shirt! How kick-*** is that?

I'm also a member on 6speed and, yeah, there's a lot of talk about bling and choosing options and delivery delays on their new P!gs ('Pepper' is the preferred nickname there).

Not that they're bad folks, but their focus is different.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:47 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Having neoprene skin helps
Old 10-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 467 Posts

And a sense of humor shaped like a pig's *****.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:21 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet Shawn has a name for his ***** just like he does for his P!G

And no, I don't care to find out what it is. Divot, on the other hand, is interested

Quick Reply: is there a better forum for 2011 Cayenne and newer?? too much old cayenne stuff here