Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 CS a few question for the group please...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
jplumlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 CS a few question for the group please...

My Cayenne S has a couple of strange things going on I was hoping someone can help me out with. Mileage is right at 84 k

1. Occasionally when I pull to a stop or slow down almost completely stopped ( like rolling through a stop sign , I hear a single "thump" that seems to come from underneath the front passanger seats. It's not all the time and is always a single thump... any ideas? something loose down there perhaps? what should I check?

2 My key FOB's have BOTH stopped working. but one "actual key" will start the car, my other key will unlock it but will not start the car and gives a message on the screen that I can't recall exactly (needs programmed? expensive?) Also, for some reason when I unlock the car, my alarm goes off IMMEDIATELY, instead of the usual 20-30 seconds if I don't insert the key. not sure why this changed all of a sudden.

3. My instrument cluster LCD has been acting strange for a while... image kinda shakes and some of the data normally present is not legible. ( this comes and goes ) and I notice it more during the day. Every thing is nice and bright in the evening/night

4. i have the crazy servo thing in my dash... sometimes it sounds like something is alive in there. Is there a way to fix that? I do have some extended warranty but not sure if it would be covered. in conjuntion, the driver and passenger have seperat temp controls on the ac but the "fan speed" seems to be linked together ( seems like when I bought the car each person had control of fan speed) any way to "un-link" them?

5 finally, need some direction on brake pads... is there a good resource for pads ( low dust ) that you can recommend?

I'll stop there for now, thanks for any help!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1: A few things can cause this -- you may have something loose in the drive shaft -- they have the center bearing problem. Mine was caused by the servo motor in the transfer case not returning to its proper position. Also, the transmission has an updated controller and valve body that reduces the harshness of the downshifts. Mine would also sometimes do it at the 3-2 shift. The dealers know all about this problem.

2: Other than making sure the batteries are fresh -- this is going to be a dealer item

3: The clusters do fail -- mine was replaced -- very expensive.

4: The electric servo flaps in the climate control box fail - also $$$. Only one fan - so no independent control.

5: I get the OE stuff from Sunset -- I order everything Pads/ rotors/ sensors--including the hardware and bolts. Total cost is about $520.00 including shipping -- an oil filter and gasket also fits in the box and is included in that price.

If you have a warranty -- get them involved sooner rather than later!

Quick Reply: 04 CS a few question for the group please...