Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011/2012 V6 Owners, Why did you buy your V6 and not X5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Rudy Alex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically my parents didn't look into the FULL OPTIONS "BS" that dealerships like to throw in to get more commission. Our sales rep also ordered it for us and helped us get the best deal.

We put everything we needed in it: i.e convenience package/navi/heated seats/moon roof/back-up camera/painted key/ many more I don't remember and we got it with delivery+taxes for around 60-65k brand new ( I don't remember)

We ordered it, though, and waited MONTHS for it. Sales Associate (he's an ambassador guy) told us even the production factory was shocked because we made it with just the necessary components, everything we need and nothing we don't.

We hit 1k the other day, and I personally drove it while dad was riding shotgun to Key West (there & back)

great car.

Also I've heard bad things about the x5, as we've test driven it also: Car starts feeling unstable after a speed of ~80-85 mph.

And the dealers there like to give you all the BS about options when you test drive it, we went to Porsche and they were like well it's best if you don't put this option, you don't need it here, etc. etc.

PS: Ours is the 2012 (parents')

They passed down their 2005 one to me (getting coils replaced this Sat.) If they made Porsche vans my dad would be on top of it, the first guy haha!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

for 65k you can get a V8 X5, that is a hard decision to make. The main problem is that they don't offer any discount on the cayenne while BMW will give you 5k off. Also the X5 V8 comes better equipped, tough choice... With the delivery problem and almost impossible to test drive, at least here in Miami, the BMW is still a good choice I think...

FYI : I don't own any of those cars.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:24 PM
jadrie
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool dontmakeamistake

The reason why the cayenne is in such short supply, because it is the best SUV out there! I know I have a 2012 cayenne v6, paid msrp. i have owned the x5 and mercedes ml. The cayenne is all of them rolled into one....

Quick Reply: 2011/2012 V6 Owners, Why did you buy your V6 and not X5?