Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne S Brake Proportioning Warning And Stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 09:48 PM
nika
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking brake warning light - probably corroded wire

I had a similar problem similar to many of these posts, wires got wet, some corroded, fixed all i could find but the parking brake light is still on.

Can anyone tell me what color is the wire for the parking brake sensor is please?

Thanks

NIK

Last edited by nika; 10-02-2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:43 AM
pjrebordao
Track Day

Reviving this thread as the issue just happened to me and sure enough the driver side carpet is damp...
I managed to unlock it from Park and could drive home thankfully.

While unblocking the gear lever I noticed another solenoid (apart from the one blocking it in Park), that seemed loose.
Anyone knows what's it for ?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2024, 07:47 AM
MOONI
5th Gear

Originally Posted by carreragttech
Pull up the drivers carpet! Just pull hard by the footwell area and slide out towards center. Check all wiring in channel under carpet. There are 4 sets of wires that are sonic welded and taped with black tape if green cut and re-splice wires! then fold them up to the firewall to get them higher up to keep water out in future. Find water leak, the evap. drain tends to clog or hose pops off. Also check the rocker drains and sunroof and caul drains all could be a culprit for water< Hope this helps!!!
Hi,
I have the same issue but it only appears after i drive it in the morning for some time. Then i switch the car off and start again and it goes and only check engine light comes on. I've checked the wires and even changed the relay "433" under the seat.
can someone tell me what other issue is causing this to happen.

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne S Brake Proportioning Warning And Stuck in park