CPO thoughts - 04 TT vs 08 C-S?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CPO thoughts - 04 TT vs 08 C-S?

So, after the untimely demise of my 04 C-S late last month and after just returning from an overseas vacation, I'm now starting the search for a suitable CPO'd replacement vehicle. Within a not-to-distant radius I'm finding a few promising candidates:

1. A 2004 CTT with 50K miles for $36K. Options are 19" wheels, moonroof, and CD changer. Doesn't have the "Comfort Package" so no auto-dimming mirrors, automatic headlights, power-latching rear hatch or Homelink, but otherwise has all the nice standard TT features. Probably needs the coolant tubes replaced however, and also is lacking an inflatable spare, but those could be addressed by spending a few extra $$.
2. A couple of seemingly very nice 2008 C-S's, with 35-36K miles in the $47.5-$48.5K price range. Both well-optioned, but the better optioned one doesn't include the CD changer but does have XM radio. I suppose the lack of a CD changer would be best addressed with a Dension kit to allow iPod connection, but again that will be a few more $$.

None of these has a trailer hitch, which I need for towing my track car, but a hitch is easy enough to backfit. My Trailex has surge brakes and doesn't have LED lights, so there shouldn't be any real issues with wiring compatibility for the backfit. I had PASM on my 04 C-S which I really loved, but that option seems very scarce on the C-S's. It is standard on the 04 TT of course.

I plan on visiting the dealers and checking out all three cars over the next couple of days. The TT seems very tempting because of the price, power and PASM, but even with the CPO warranty it is an 8 year old car. The 08 C-S's cost more but have lower mileage and all the advantages of the Gen 2 Cayennes. And while not having quite the power of the 04 TT, they have significantly more power than my 04 C-S did.

I expect that after I see each of them in person and drive them I'll get a real sense of which is the right one for me, but I'd welcome any thoughts/opinions/recommendations in advance from those of you who have experience with the earlier TT's or the Gen 2 C-S's.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 AM
KY_soldier
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CTT. TURBO, Air suspension, nicer interior, etc. Don't give it a second thought. No one on the boards ever wishes they bought the S instead of the turbo, it's always vice versa ;-)
Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 AM
krazykorean
2nd Gear

TT all the way
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I drove one of the 2008 C-S vehicles yesterday and wasn't all that impressed; even with the extra 45 hp it didn't seem much more lively than my 2004 in normal driving. It did have some nice features, but it also had some cosmetic issues that I would have expected them to take care of before they offered it at top dollar as a CPO.

I plan on checking out the TT and the other C-S today. They are at the same dealer so I can check them out back to back.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

And the winner is: the Turbo!! The 2008 C-S I looked at today was also really nice; much better than the one I looked at yesterday. But it was about $11K more than the price of the Turbo, and the TT just had more visceral appeal.

They still have to fix a few items from the CPO inspection before it's ready for delivery; hopefully I'll be bringing her home by this time next week.

Dealer pics are here: http://www.porscheofthemainline.com/...ition_id=10426

Old 08-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 801 Posts

Looks like a very nice turbo.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Tooch
Advanced

Looks great and a great price too especially with the CPO

Quick Reply: CPO thoughts - 04 TT vs 08 C-S?