Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible New Cayenne:How many car seats fit in a Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible New Cayenne:How many car seats fit in a Cayenne?

Hi Guys,

My wife really likes the Cayenne's I have been doing a bit of reading about them on here,I would love to add another porsche to the fleet... However it appears that they can be a bit troublesome, especially the cooling system, and the Ignition system?
I perform all my own maintenance, an would intend to do so on thes truck also. Is there software available to do the diagnostic work?
What was the common warranty duration, and will it transfer to a second owner? any years/models to stay away from when looking?

How many car seats will fit in the back row... 2 or 3?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of good material in this one. Cayennes are pretty fun DIY cars, notwithstanding the steep prices for parts - but that's the price of admission. For an older model, your choices on staying on top of problems are (a) guess on what's wrong and follow someone else's lead - this forum has probably 100 DIYs embedded in somewhere, many with good pics; (b) buy a durametric that is semi-native and diagnose codes yourself; or (c) get your hands on the genuine PIWIS (and open your own Porsche shop).

Conventional wisdom says there are great bargains on Gen1 and even Gen2 Cayennes, but either get the CPO warranty from Porsche if you can; or stuff $5K in the glovebox (freezer LTC?) and play the odds game. Cars run great, but if you're lucky one with a big problem, you will pay handsomely. Search for "engine replacement" or "tranny replacement", etc.

Jury is out on whether a CPO transfers from a private party sale. I've heard answers both ways...

As for car seats, two for sure. A third would be hard, unless you're talking boosters. It's not an Expedition. Mid-size, luxury SUV.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM
JT99
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use slim car seats (Sunshine Kids), you can have three installed.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

You can fit three boosters if you wish or two narrow RF/FF car seats such as a Peg Perego. Personally, unless the little ones are in boosters I wouldn't let mine or anyone else's kids into my P-car....they will destroy it with juice and snacks and spills. When they get sick and puke that is even more special...that is why they make minivans and Mercs.

Quick Reply: Possible New Cayenne:How many car seats fit in a Cayenne?