Retro fit MF steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM
ExpatPOM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retro fit MF steering wheel

Hi,

Noobie here from Australia with a recently purchased 2003 Cayenne S.

I've found a few threads on this topic but wasn't clear on the answer - no or maybe.

My OEM steering wheel is worn and doesn't include the multifunction radio/telephone controls. It does include tiptronic.

I'm keen to replace it with an OEM MF steering wheel with radio/telephone and have been quoted by an indie here that it is possible with some re-coding to enable the functions.

Is anyone able to confirm if this is possible please?

The indie has quoted me AU$2,000 for the steering wheel alone(!) so I'm trying to source the components independently.

I also then plan to have the mobridge iPod/Bluetooth kit installed and assume it will work together.

I've been reading the forum a while and it's already helped me out so thank you to all contributors.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand they build each car's wire harness per the options that particular car comes with. That is the way it is for those coming to the USA.

So they don't come with the wires to make the connections. I wanted to add a dimming inside mirror -- something that simple was a pain. Especially trying to find the proper connector out of the hundreds that VW/Audi lists that fit the mirror.

Anything is possible -- but my bet --- its just not worth the trouble

Quick Reply: Retro fit MF steering wheel