2011 Cayenne flash drive mp3 sort/play order

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Question 2011 Cayenne flash drive mp3 sort/play order

Hey guys,

Have had a 2011 CTT for just under six months now and still working through all the little curiosities. One in particular is the integration of the flash drive with the stereo. I have successfully loaded a bunch of songs (MP3 and WMA formats) onto my flash drive, plugged it into the car under the center armrest and played the songs through the stereo. So good so far, right? However, I'm having one problem. I can't figure out how to play the songs from a particular album in the proper album sort order. The stereo only seems to play the tracks in alphabetical order. It's not that big a deal for most albums, but for classical and certain rock albums (a lot of Pink Floyd's for example), it's driving me out of my mind. Does anyone know if there is a toggle settle or a playback setting that I may have missed? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar issue when using an ipod/iphone. I found the if you go to the "Track List" menu then you get all the songs in alpha order, but if you go to the "Playlist" menu you get them in the order you originally saved them. Let me know if you want me to take a screen shot, I might be slightly off on the menu names, but you get the idea.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 PM
jkseger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that doesn't work, you could copy off the songs you want and then use something like Media Monkey to change the song names to include the song number.

John

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne flash drive mp3 sort/play order