Sponsored by:

Pano roof-- Sun Shade Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pano roof-- Sun Shade Issue

So, the sun shade on my pano roof will not close. It goes almost all the way and they goes back as if something is blocking it. Anyone else have this issue.

Also, are you guys driving with your pano roof open on the highway. The book says it won't open at very high speeds, but it opens at highway speed and the book says nothing about driving with it open. Still, the mesh screen does not seem very rugged and I can't help but wonder if the highway driving while open has something to do with the sun shade being impeded.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, i know i just have the sun roof on an 06 but when this happens to mine i try to slam the shade a bit forceful when it arrives before the glass. sometimes moisture makes the cover jam in near the glass and it goes back when it senses interference.......
Old 06-23-2011, 01:56 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

No issues here Rome. I keep it open from time to time on highway driving. Hope this gets fixed fast and easy for you.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 AM
WFBlue
Advanced

Isn't the noise with the roof open ungodly on the highway? I would also think that the little wind deflector that pops up would take a beating since it seems quite fragile, but I am not sure whether you are doing 80 mph or 180 on the highway.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Romey, all good with the shade, though I thought (for a few times) that the button doesn't respond right away and have to press it twice.

I rarely have the roof open, let alone on the highway, but will test it out as soon as the rain stops.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Yes, I too prefer not to open it on the highway because the screen looks a little flimsy for high speed, but Mrs. Rome insisted on sunning herself on a long drive to NY (to the point of reading the manual-- which she never does-- to prove to me it's not prohibited).
Old 06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

Originally Posted by rome
Yes, I too prefer not to open it on the highway because the screen looks a little flimsy for high speed, but Mrs. Rome insisted on sunning herself on a long drive to NY (to the point of reading the manual-- which she never does-- to prove to me it's not prohibited).
Well of course, that is how it should be. I beg her pardon for my insolent and insensitive comment.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Problem fixed-- Dealer reset the electronics which control the shade and now it works fine.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
So, the sun shade on my pano roof will not close. It goes almost all the way and they goes back as if something is blocking it. Anyone else have this issue..
Yes, I gots that same issue.

Except, you told me it'll take few minutes, and my dealer looked at it and said I'll need to leave the car there for 2-3 days (the fabric is also bunching up on one side, so that might be part of the issue and they want to take it apart). They refused to give me a GT3 as a loaner, but did offer a GT at a VERY modest price for those few days
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Update:

P!G went in for a day. Got to drive around in a lovely '10 V6 loaner. Really loved being told that "this is all we ever have for loaners" only to see a "Courtesy of Porsche of R" all over a Panamera 4 on their lot this morning. Hate liars

But anyway, some clip was missing (see the "before" photo below) and all is good now.
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pops - thanks again for taking good care of her while you've got her
the next few years...

Quick Reply: Pano roof-- Sun Shade Issue