Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am possibly an idiot, but please help. Interior disassembly instruction guides.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 PM
j3w
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am possibly an idiot, but please help. Interior disassembly instruction guides.

I have an 04 Cayenne S which I love dearly (possibly irrationally).

I realized, after seeing a new Cayenne, that the original owner of my C was a smoker and that the leather is supposed to be more yellowish than brownish. So I have embarked upon a quest to rehab my baby's interior.

In the process of repairing a glove box rattle I determined that the best way to clean, rehab and condition the leather in the Cayenne is to remove the offending part.

So...

I want to remove the door panels, center console and small parts.

Where can I find the guides to remove these parts without breaking them?

Thanks in advance, compadres.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
j3w
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edited / re-post from search results to remove door panels --

Two torx-head screws on the very bottom [of the door panel - slightly buried in the carpet] come out. Pop off the 'covers' on the hand grip and armrest [hand grip first, pull from bottom outward and upward] there are 2 T30 screws under the handgrip, then pull off the bottom of the armrest [very tightly fastened pull carefully, out and up] there are 2 T30 screws under there as well. Pop the mirror 'triangle' off. Then with a medium-large screwdriver or a door-panel removal tool, start around the bottom corners and first find the 'pop-off-and-on' fasteners and pull the door panel away from the metal door. You will probably break at least one of these, I did, 1 on each door. I think there will be around 4 each on the front and rear edges of the door. When the panel is loose, raise it off the top edge and carefully pull it away from the door. Have a bench, chair or something to set the panel on. Disconnect the inside-door-latch cable and the large window-motor-harness connector from the door panel side and then the speaker cables from the crossover mounted on the door side.

Before you reinstall the panels, be sure each of the panel fasteners is in its 'open' position or it won't go back in its hole.

Quick Reply: I am possibly an idiot, but please help. Interior disassembly instruction guides.