XM - channels are gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XM - channels are gone

Subscription to XM magically disappeared on my '11 P!G. Doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, since the XM Preview keeps playing on channel 1 and the connection disappears when I pull into the garage. I still have all of my presets displaying on the screen, but when I try to access it says "Not authorized".

So far people at XM were useless. Tried to send a signal 4 times and left it with "Leave it on channel 1, we'll call you in 30 minutes". They're still calling

I'll be most likely taking the car to the dealer for oil tomorrow anyway and will have them check it out. Anyone had this before?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

what? how did you jinx yourself like this today.. From now on if you like something don't talk about it! : )
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Wow, you're right! I didn't even think about that
Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Was the battery disconnected for some hours? The radio can lose its authorization. You can fix that on the XM website as I recall. Had that on mine when it was stored for the winter without a battery. Sounds unlikely in your case though.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Was the battery disconnected for some hours? The radio can lose its authorization. You can fix that on the XM website as I recall. Had that on mine when it was stored for the winter without a battery. Sounds unlikely in your case though.
Nope. It was working all day, then I had an appointment that lasted an hour and then they disappeared. Very weird.

I was thinking that if there's no reception in the garage, then it isn't a hardware issue. Am I correct?

And by the way, I've been meaning to start a separate post, but we need LTC aka Larry back. This place is "Dead. D-E-D. Dead" (c) without him
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Could be the garage. Mine works at the office underground parking but nt at home. Apparently the radio needs to see a signal occasionally else it needs to be refreshed. No cost for same but the radio needs to be in range of an XM signal. Does Ch 1 work in your garage?

Larry is busy building model airplanes as far as I know. I think its therapy after an overdose of P&C
Old 05-17-2011, 09:42 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Could be the garage. Mine works at the office underground parking but nt at home. Apparently the radio needs to see a signal occasionally else it needs to be refreshed. No cost for same but the radio needs to be in range of an XM signal. Does Ch 1 work in your garage?

Larry is busy building model airplanes as far as I know. I think its therapy after an overdose of P&C
SAT never works in my garage. There's simply 0 reception, unless it's AM/FM.

SAT at home does work.

Otherwise, it's been stuck on Channel 1, all of my preset channels are there visually, they just display "Unauthorized" when I tap on them.

How do I change the title of the tread to read "XM - channels are gone. Paging LTC & Larry"?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You do know of the channel changes last week, may that hosed to reciever ID on the network, presume you called
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 895 Posts

My Sirius/XM in the 911 started acting wonky last week when they sent the update that changed many of the channel numbers. It was strange for a couple of days, but it's normal now.

Did you go through the update without any problems? Could this be related to that update?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

It's been a-okay since the update. I hope it's related to it, but they better friggin' fix it. It's very tough dealing with tech support from overseas.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Try https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action
to refresh your authorizations

Note, the refresh will not work if the radio cannot receive the XM signal.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The radio in my wifes Audi and my 996 were acting odd after they changed all the channel numbers...

Took about 4 refreshed to get them to behave... Oddly the unit in the Cayenne was fine
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

So with the channel re-alighnment, does that mean you don't have to sign up for both xm and sirius soon? I have one car with each and just don't want to sign up for both. Low quality of commercials is the biggest let down. Bad credit? Have you been injured? Now is the time to get the tech degree! Do you want to make money doing nothing today? We have a way to eliminate your debt problems today! If it's subscription service, they should be able to fine tune their freakin commercials to their subscriber.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
And by the way, I've been meaning to start a separate post, but we need LTC aka Larry back. This place is "Dead. D-E-D. Dead" (c) without him
I think we finally pushed him over the edge. He got out of the chair, climbed the cliff and did his best imitation of a purpleasaurus rex.

He posted once in OT a week or two ago, but no love here. When someone starts a "I bought an 04 to tow my track car" thread and he doesn't chime in, something is wrong.

About the XM, could it be a 6 month trial period ended?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
I think we finally pushed him over the edge. He got out of the chair, climbed the cliff and did his best imitation of a purpleasaurus rex.

He posted once in OT a week or two ago, but no love here. When someone starts a "I bought an 04 to tow my track car" thread and he doesn't chime in, something is wrong.

About the XM, could it be a 6 month trial period ended?
Do I look blonde to you?

My subscription was paid for upfront. First thing I inquired about is the billing (though it shouldn't have been an issue) and they said that if that were the problem, they wouldn't even be allowed to send a signal.

Quick Reply: XM - channels are gone