Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visibility Troubles, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 AM
rudyrodriguez
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey deilenberger, You are 100% correct!!!! I have been doing your system for years. That is the only way to adjust your mirrors. I set all my mirrors on all my cars the same way.

Now having said that, I almost took out a motorcycle in a lane change the other day but I did see him at the last minute and did not make the lane change. I feel the problem is the style of the seats and the width of the rear pillar. I have a 2011 Cayenne.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

my one complaint would be the size of the outside mirrors. For one, the shape makes it impossible to attach an "add on" mirror to make it easier when towing. If the mirrors were slightly larger or could be extened outward (remember the Pepper has a 7700 lbs towing capability) then the problem would be solved. My solution is the small convex add on in the outer corners to see cars coming up and in you blind spot and the mirrors then turned slightly in more to see behind you as the inside mirror is worthless except to note that the trailer is still there. A learning process
Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has blind spots and the mirrors are not only poorly designed - they do not address the blind spot on the right.

Sorry - no excuse for poor design -- especially on something as important as the mirrors. Plus - I can only guess the guy who designed the mirror switch on my 06 did not have his DL -- or he is the only person alive with 5 foot arms. You have to move your body to get tot he switch!

I put a small round mirror in the corner of the left mirror (it helps a little) -- and I warn anyone who drives the car that they must be careful.

I tried to buy "blind spot" mirrors -- the kind on many cars in europe - could not find them. They work great on my MB wagon
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had this problem, hardly use mirrors alone always turn and look

Quick Reply: Visibility Troubles, Anyone?