2011 TSB Aux Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2011 TSB Aux Brake Controller

Anyone have the 2011 Cayenne TSB instructing how to hook up an auxiliary brake controller for electric brakes with LED lights? Seemly this is being done know about Prodigy from threads, but there are no written instructions for new techs to do the install.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by luvair
Anyone have the 2011 Cayenne TSB instructing how to hook up an auxiliary brake controller for electric brakes with LED lights? Seemly this is being done know about Prodigy from threads, but there are no written instructions for new techs to do the install.
The tech at our local dealership did mine with a Prodigy in a little over an hour. VW dealers have a pigtail that makes it easy. Seems to work but ?i don't get the trailer for two weeks and then I will know. He said it was very strightforward with the pigtail and I beleive he had to run one wire to the trailer plug in at the back of the Cayenne.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Jack. I had read that in your previous post. My tech who is excellent is looking for some documentation as there was a TSB for the pre-'11 Cayennes to do the install. From what he has determined, it is touch and go without the specific instructions from Porsche, or even VW for that matter for a no fault install. Dealerships, I queried are not familiar either. Seems no one in my area has installed my trailer requirements (electric brakes with LED's) for the new Cayenne. Little frustrating as you would think when you spend the money for a towing package with air suspension, it should be plug and go as it is with a Ford truck.

When I get the documentation I will share with you and other Rennlister's who have a future need. Appreciate your feedback when you know and or others know too. Thanks again.

Last edited by amfp; 04-07-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

I asked the question about LED's and the 2011 and the tech said he thought they were compatible. to be safe when I pick up my trailex they will have a plug in adapter ... "just in case" Let you know in two weeks
Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by luvair
Little frustrating as you would think when you send the money for a towing package with air suspension, it should be plug and go as it is with a Ford truck.

When I get the documentation I will share with you and other Rennlister's who have a future need. Appreciate your feedback when you know and or others know too. Thanks again.
Let us know how it goes.

For my '10 GTS, LED lights and electric brakes the LED light adapter didn't work (different plug!). I ended up with an additional set of brake lights on the trailer, triggered by the electric brake controller which works great. I still get the rhythmic flash of the brake lights but it is very dim. The only final fix is the addition of two 1Watt 100 Ohm resistors.

Quick Reply: 2011 TSB Aux Brake Controller