Sponsored by:

TPMS setting not taking

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS setting not taking

I just swapped out my winter tires for my summer tires and for some reason, the TPMS settings seem to be out of whack now. The tires calibrated just fine after about 7 miles or so, but the system seems to think that I have spare when I don't. I've turned off the spare setting in the tire pressure settings, but when I hit 50 mph, I get this warning that I've reached the limit on the collapsible tire even though I've turned it off. Even after I turn it off, it still seems to activate itself.

Is there some special sequence to clear this out?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

gotta actually click reset and put the settings in.. cant just swap and it auto learns...

go to reset, then click size, summer or all season and then learning and it will learn em.

what year?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
lnferno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an 06 TTS. I did all of the recalibration. That's not the problem, though. I just drove around some more and I don't get the warning for the collapsible tire anymore. Now I'm just down to the single TPMS warning on the lower right side of the cluster. Maybe after driving around some more it will clear. I guess I'll give it another day or so and see what happens.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: TPMS setting not taking