Sponsored by:

Cayenne Aluminum cooling pipes on sale Great price

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
sukaferret
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://sonnenporscheoemparts.com

Just ordered mine for 424.00 Over a 150 dollars less then anywhere. The dealer wanted $2800

The DYI is here, would have bought it from them but they are out of stock until next year....and they want 600.00
http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...ing/ES2501060/

It cost me about $65 in tools to do this. You need your standard 3/8 metric set, with both T and E torque sets...(the star ones inside/out) Oreilly had them for 20 each set.

Total cost w/ tools: $545 dollars...

Working on your own Porsche, and knowing your machine Priceless!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The DYI is here, would have bought it from them but they are out of stock until next year....and they want 600.00
We should have them in stock by the end of the week. The reason we charge more is we include coolant, lower intake gaskets, hose clamps, and the coolant hose T. From the picture I don't see any of that. Maybe someone can chime in and let us know if it does.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
We should have them in stock by the end of the week. The reason we charge more is we include coolant, lower intake gaskets, hose clamps, and the coolant hose T. From the picture I don't see any of that. Maybe someone can chime in and let us know if it does.
That's right !!! This kit is way more complete,... Today arrive my set of pipes I ordered last week.. (I'm the guy had a problem with the CC...lol).
Extra Willing to get my hands dirty...
Are you including o-ring LUBE in my coolant pipe set ?
If not, what can I do? The dealer charges $34 for the whole tube...
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

We actually took it out of the kit because it put the kits on back order for the longest time. Click Here to view the item you need. In a pinch you can use some Petroleum Jelly if you have any handy. I would advise getting the stuff in the link though.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Ender
Track Day

I ended up buying the other kit (sorry), just because I wanted it by this weekend. It does not include the coolant, intake gaskets or the hose T for the turbo models. I do not know about the clamps. The reason they gave for not including these was that the HAZMAT shipping is expensive for the coolant, and they have been reusing the intake gaskets on all of the upgrades they do in their shop. I ended up buying the "T" and the gaskets, just in case. The grand total was $491.24 plus the overnight shipping (ouch), and I will need to source the coolant locally. Any alternatives to the Porsche stuff? My nearest dealer is about 500 miles from here.

I was all set to order from ECS this morning, but the salesman told me they sold the last one 5 minutes before....
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

We actually took it out of the kit because it put the kits on back order for the longest time. Click Here to view the item you need. In a pinch you can use some Petroleum Jelly if you have any handy. I would advise getting the stuff in the link though.
alright....... and how about the coolant? I believe I would need another gallon of coolant since the instructions to mix a ratio of 60%/40% needs 6 litres of coolant and 4 litres of water. 1 gallon = 3.785 litres. Therefore, I need another gallon to complete the mix. Right now I'm running short by a little bit more than half a gallon based on this criteria.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

at this moment I'm performing the replacement of the pipes, reading the provided manual in your webpage...the procedures does not include to remove the metal place where the thermostat is located. But you sent me two set of gaskets which goes inside such plate. My question is: Why am I receiving in the ECSTunning kit such gaskets if the manual provided does not detail the replacement of such gaskets nor the removal of the plate to do maintenance???

looking forward for your reply soon since I'm kind of waiting for your reply.
Is kind of weird to receive a coolant pipe upgrade kit ... and end up with extra parts....

I really thank you for your prompt service and customer service at the time of buying the parts.
(no affiliation etc etc etc...)
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

See here: http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site_5/C...ntifreeze.html

I used the Havoline stuff. Neither Porsche nor BMW coolant is anything special or exotic, just need to use the correct product.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jochy
at this moment I'm performing the replacement of the pipes, reading the provided manual in your webpage...the procedures does not include to remove the metal place where the thermostat is located. But you sent me two set of gaskets which goes inside such plate. My question is: Why am I receiving in the ECSTunning kit such gaskets if the manual provided does not detail the replacement of such gaskets nor the removal of the plate to do maintenance???
Until ECS responds I will answer based on my experience with the task (I've only done it once, to my '06).

Many shops apparently do not remove the thermostat housing because they've done so many and have a way to clean the outlet before replacing with the new AL tubes. Personally, I had a very hard time getting the outlet what I felt was sufficiently clean even after I removed the T-stat housing, it's hard to work under it. Initially ECS didn't even include the t-stat gaskets but I guess they decided to include them in case the customer decided to remove the housing because you do NOT want to re-use the outer metal gasket.

Personally, if you're only doing one I would remove the housing just to give you access to clean it well but it's your choice. Remember to torque the housing bolts (but it's a very low spec, something like 11Nm but look it up.

If you decide not to remove the housing and wind up with unused parts ask your provider if they will take them back. Not a big deal to me.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Until ECS responds I will answer based on my experience with the task (I've only done it once, to my '06).

Many shops apparently do not remove the thermostat housing because they've done so many and have a way to clean the outlet before replacing with the new AL tubes. Personally, I had a very hard time getting the outlet what I felt was sufficiently clean even after I removed the T-stat housing, it's hard to work under it. Initially ECS didn't even include the t-stat gaskets but I guess they decided to include them in case the customer decided to remove the housing because you do NOT want to re-use the outer metal gasket.

Personally, if you're only doing one I would remove the housing just to give you access to clean it well but it's your choice. Remember to torque the housing bolts (but it's a very low spec, something like 11Nm but look it up.

If you decide not to remove the housing and wind up with unused parts ask your provider if they will take them back. Not a big deal to me.
That's exactly what I did last night after posting my question. I researched in the internet and found many people doing it. For me, being my first time working down this hood, it was really needed to remove it. Thank you for your quick reply 993BillW!!!

Also last night I did not recognize a set of 2 o-rings the kit comes with. Since my cayenne is non turbo, dont know if this is for the turbo model.
Part no. 99 97 0 747 740
The ECS instruction manual does not talk about them. Havent see postings of people talking about such o-rings. I only found 1 oring to replace which might fit the new one... And is located in the metal plate cover where the thermostat sit. Is where the metal pipe connects in top attached with a little screw.

Have you work on those?
Your valuable input will really help me finish today and I will appreciate it for the rest of my life !!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jochy
That's exactly what I did last night after posting my question. I researched in the internet and found many people doing it. For me, being my first time working down this hood, it was really needed to remove it. Thank you for your quick reply 993BillW!!!

Also last night I did not recognize a set of 2 o-rings the kit comes with. Since my cayenne is non turbo, dont know if this is for the turbo model.
Part no. 99 97 0 747 740
The ECS instruction manual does not talk about them. Havent see postings of people talking about such o-rings. I only found 1 oring to replace which might fit the new one... And is located in the metal plate cover where the thermostat sit. Is where the metal pipe connects in top attached with a little screw.

Have you work on those?
Your valuable input will really help me finish today and I will appreciate it for the rest of my life !!
The o-rings are here
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Hard to tell the size from those pics but they look to me to be the for the tube you mentioned in front of the t-stat housing (coolant line for alternator). Why they sent you 2 I don't know.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Hard to tell the size from those pics but they look to me to be the for the tube you mentioned in front of the t-stat housing (coolant line for alternator). Why they sent you 2 I don't know.
I read somewhere here in the forum those should be 2 different sizes... I got one fine but the 2nd one I dont have a clue for what and where to install. Right now I'm working on the big pipe...I come back later with the thread about the o-ring size
Old 12-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

just when standing up from my chair...I remembered where exactly I read about the o-rings size and part no.....here the link and here's the copy paste of the thread conversation:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...es-a-z-16.html

Sure - on PET (the parts system) they're shown on the page for the thermostat housing:

1x - 99 707 516 40 (20 x 2.65) O ring
1x - 99 707 477 40 (19 x 3) O ring

Cost is about $7 for both.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Jochy The first part number you listed superseded to the second part number. You were actually only supposed to get one but for some odd reason you got two. Those are for the alternator coolant pipe, as mentioned. As for the thermostat housing gasket, we didn't remove thermostat housing when making our instruction manual, but a lot people do so to make it a little easier to work in there, so we included the o-ring and metal gasket in the kit.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Aluminum cooling pipes on sale Great price