Sponsored by:

Order Completed Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 PM
gte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Completed Yesterday

I completed my order yesterday and am happy with my selections, but still have a couple choices that I'm not sure about.

Jet Black Metallic V6
Black Interior
8 Speed Tiptronic
Convenience Package
Bose Audio Package
Black Roof Rails
Exterior Package High Gloss Black
Light Comfort Package
21" Turbo II Wheels
Anthracite Birch Interior Package
Anthracite Birch Heated Steering Wheel

I decided on the V6 as I plan to drive the car for 3-4 years and then look for a used Turbo.

Still not sure if I made the right choice with the Turbo Wheels. Between the cost of the wheels and increased cost of rubber, I'm not sure if this is a good choice. The other question I have about them is ride quality. How much will handling be enhanced, and how much will ride comfort be diminished and road noise be increased?? If there is a negligible loss of comfort/ride quality, I would be more content with my decision. I definitely like the look of the wheel, especially on a black vehicle.

The anthracite wheel is the other question I have. I have seen it in pictures, but not in person. I’m wondering if it might be overkill. I really like the trim with the black interior though. The sales person said that he felt the wheel really complements the trim well.

I was supposed to hear back from them later today for an estimate on the build date. I’m hoping for a late May early June delivery.

George
Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

Looks like a nice, clean build. I have no experience with the ride quality of the 21s, and while I really like the looks of both offered on the new Cayenne, I'd rather spend the money on other options or keep it in the bank. Those are pricey wheels, and the initial cost does not take into account the replacement cost of tires as you mentioned. Total personal preference.

W/r/t to the Anthracite wheel, I don't think it would be overkill, as the trim and wheel are meant to be purchased together. Personally, I don't like trimmed steering wheels in general and prefer the standard, but I think it would look just fine with or without the matching wheel.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM
gte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Looks like a nice, clean build. I have no experience with the ride quality of the 21s, and while I really like the looks of both offered on the new Cayenne, I'd rather spend the money on other options or keep it in the bank. Those are pricey wheels, and the initial cost does not take into account the replacement cost of tires as you mentioned. Total personal preference.

W/r/t to the Anthracite wheel, I don't think it would be overkill, as the trim and wheel are meant to be purchased together. Personally, I don't like trimmed steering wheels in general and prefer the standard, but I think it would look just fine with or without the matching wheel.
The wheels are fairly pricey, but if I did not purchase them I would at least be upgrading to the 19" at ~2200 or the 20's at about 3500. I'm not sure either of these come with wheel extensions which add another 1K. That brings the price difference down to about 2500.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

You actually don't need the wheel arch ext unless you think you'll go to 21s in the future or just prefer the look. The wheel arch ext may protrude too much with 19s, but I'm sure would look just fine with 20s. Check out w00t's thread if you haven't already seen it, he took some pretty good photos with his winter set up on stock 18s. Also just a thought, the oem wheel arch ext can be purchased and installed at a later time if desired.

Quick Reply: Order Completed Yesterday