Sponsored by:

Interior lights wont turn off

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM
ryan09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights wont turn off

Hi, usually when I lock the car, the interior lights turn off but now they don't seem to want to turn off anywhere even when I turn the engine on. It seems it thinks theres a door open but they are all closed. What could be causing this? I mean, does the cayenne even tell if you if a door is open? It doesn't give me a signal when a door is open which I found pretty weird. Also, for some reason the "!" light is on but there is nothing in the warning section of the main menu?

Thanks for the help.

Edit:

Fixed, somehow the rear window hatch was open (not the trunk)? How do you even open that I mean I just pushed it in until it secured and the lights turned off but is there a way to open this thing?

Other thing, is there a way to make it tell me when a door is open instead of beeping and flashing this thing for half a second when the car starts moving. I mean, the only reason I figured it out is that I went for a little drive and it beeped showing something in the trunk but why cant it tell me right away before I start driving? Unless that's just how it is

Last edited by ryan09; 03-15-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:35 PM
asyrigos
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for saving my sanity! I was going crazy with the interior lights staying on after getting out and locking the car until I found your post.

I also had the ! warning signal on and figured out that you were right. The rear upper lid was not closed properly.

Opened it, closed it again properly and my sanity is back...

Quick Reply: Interior lights wont turn off