Sponsored by:

Question about clear side markers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
arktos
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about clear side markers

I had my dealer install my clear side markers upon delivery of my 11 CT. The markers feel loose and can wiggle up and down but does not push inward when pushed. Just wondering if the dealer installed them incorrectly or is this normal. Thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't have my CS yet (soon) so maybe someone who has the clear markers can tell you if there is any wiggle in them. But in any event, you should read through this entire thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...rker-swap.html

We found out that there are two different clear side markers; one for the standard Cayennes and one for Cayennes with the fender extensions like your CTT. Some dealers did not even know there were two versions.

We established that the markers for the Turbo were fatter so that they would stick out and be visible beyond the fender flares. Whether that has anything to do with your issue is uncertain, and maybe they were just installed incorrectly, but it might be a place to start. At the very least you could make sure you got the right ones.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
m453w
Rennlist Member

Installed clear markers and do not have fender flares on my CS. My markers fit very snug and tight. There is no wobble whatsoever. Do yours pull out easily? If so, perhaps the safety clip was broken or bent if forced in.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM
arktos
8th Gear

Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Question about clear side markers