Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel so bad for Rileys wait .....
Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
You guys who are planning their next option list before the most recent vehicle has barely even arrived (if at all) crack me up. As for the Porsche V6, if true, that might be subject to change given the fact that Audi will be responsible for future SUV development in the VW/Audi/Porsche universe.
lol, it's an ongoing process... when i bought my 997.2 i saw a meteor grey on beige cabriolet and knew that was my next setup.. recently i saw a blue on grey coupe and felt that would be my next setup.. i like white on blue better but not a fan of the two tone blue interior. i know the new v6 is a crapshoot, it doesn't really matter to me.. just thinking 991 for 2012 and then updated cayenne for 2013.

Originally Posted by cordsig79
I feel so bad for Rileys wait .....
it's just PCNA's big joke on my behalf... they see my plans... delay my build twice... deliver a car ordered after mine first to a new friend... and i assume when i go to pick it up, will be a mistake on the build sheet as well. LOL.

lesson is, i should have bought a smart car when i sold the 997.2 so i wouldn't have to daily drive the Exige (not a bad car to drive myself, but not ideal for passengers...), call me crazy but i just LOVE a white smart car with red interior with a black tridion. MMmmm

i got some other fun stuff lined up for my trip, so should be exciting few days coming.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Picked it up yesterday. Had 3M installed today and hardwired my Passport. Had the wheels powdercoated black. Put the clear side markers in and a silver hood crest. Lovin it so far Thanks to Riley for helping me with the wheels!!
Ugh Now im really fighting the itch to be conservative and not pay off my 06.....

Great looks...
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Pavesi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My main complaint on my 2006 turbo s is the seats. I sit on them not in them, your seats are how it is supposed to be. Looks fantastic.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by nedino
Scott - looking really good. Well done. A follow up question on the silver hood crest - do you happen to have a part number? Would a crest from another P-car fit the Cayenne? Thanks.
Yes, they are all interchangeable.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Picked it up yesterday. Had 3M installed today and hardwired my Passport. Had the wheels powdercoated black. Put the clear side markers in and a silver hood crest. Lovin it so far Thanks to Riley for helping me with the wheels!!
Scott: Where and how did you hardwire the Passport? I want to do the same on my Cayenne. Did I understand correctly that the OEM hood badge is now plastic? I have not had the chance to really go over my truck, it is still in PDI and then the electric trailer brake controller needs to be installed. While they are doing that the wheels are off for powder coating. Will finally get it later this week.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Mad Villain
AutoX

very nice car! i have the same color combo on order (waiting for it to be shipped here now)....its nice to see some pics and know i made the right choice!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Scott: Where and how did you hardwire the Passport? I want to do the same on my Cayenne. Did I understand correctly that the OEM hood badge is now plastic? I have not had the chance to really go over my truck, it is still in PDI and then the electric trailer brake controller needs to be installed. While they are doing that the wheels are off for powder coating. Will finally get it later this week.
Super easy to hardwire a V1 or Passport. Both use the same phone wire style connection. My Cayenne install was the fastest and easiest I've ever done. I started by removing the fuse panel on the driver's side.

Start with your "phone" wire down there. You can pull back the A pillar on the inside just a bit, not completely, and fish the wire along the outside edge of it. When you get to the top, you will want to course it medially and start pushing it under the front headliner. I did not pull the headliner back. Rather, I left a lot of slack down by the fuse box and just pulled it into place- along the A pillar and headliner as I went. You can push it under the headliner very easily with a flat nose screwdriver or credit card. When I got to the light cluster, I removed the flimsy black piece that fits over the overhead light. Just pull it from the very front. I crossed the wire over that area and mounted the Passport on the passenger side just next to the rearview mirror.

Back down at the fuse box... Now you have to go to Autozone and get a fuse tap- 10 watt Buss fuse tap. They are 5 bucks. Wire the fuse tap to the red wire on your phone cable. Attach two 5 watt fuses to the tap. For the ground, you will want to splice to the green wire on your phone cable. I grounded to a bolt that was just above the fuse box- very easy to do and see. Just loosen and ground it there.

Plug in your fuse tap to any one of the open three spaces at the bottom of the panel. They are switched with the ignition.

You should be in business.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4 plt
The badge certainly appears to be plastic. Maybe I am wrong and it is now very cheap metal, but it is not like the ones I've gotten on my 911s. The GT3RS came with a metal one IIRC. I changed that one out to a silver one too
Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 PM
dchu23
1st Gear

beautiful car, I'm trying to swap the hood crest but having trouble getting at the bolts, what tool did you use and how'd you remove the bolts: Do I need to get a rachette set?

Last edited by dchu23; 03-17-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

How far up on the hood did you go with the 3M?. Also did you do the front fenders all the way to the rear edge with the clear bra? Thanks.....
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dchu23
beautiful car, I'm trying to swap the hood crest but having trouble getting at the bolts, what tool did you use and how'd you remove the bolts: Do I need to get a rachette set?
Yes, you do. Don't remember the size, but it should come off fairly easily. Just pull from the top when you feel the bolts are loose.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GR997S
How far up on the hood did you go with the 3M?. Also did you do the front fenders all the way to the rear edge with the clear bra? Thanks.....
My guy went 24" up on the hood. The front bumper is all one piece. The front fenders are just the 24" back. That will protect it fine. It's not going on the track. You can always do more, but I leased mine so I didn't want to go nuts on it.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

very nice
Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

are those pirelli scorpion all seasons? i hope that's what my car ships with on my spyders

Quick Reply: My '11 Cayenne pics