Sponsored by:

Dension Bluetooth BTA1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:17 PM
mellowyellow-atlanta
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension Bluetooth BTA1500

Picked up a BTA1500 for my Dension Gateway in my 06CS (thanks Eric @ Bumperplugs!). The Gateway is mounted back in the rear area right near the CDC, not up front under the dash.

Anyone else with this setup install the BTA1500? I am thinking of running the extension cable from the rear cargo up and then mounting the BTA under the passenger seat (right) or perhaps under the center console, and then running the MIC up front from there. I really wish it could use the built-in MIC, but apparently that is not possible. Any thoughts on installation?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
civerson4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed mine in the rear area near the factor CD changer location and used an extension cord for the stock microphone I purchased at Radio Shack. Pretty easy to run....behind the trim in rear area, under the back seat carpet, under the carpet molding trim pieces on the drivers side doors, then up the A column to the drivers side visor. Took 30-45 minutes--and worked great.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM
mellowyellow-atlanta
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by civerson4
I installed mine in the rear area near the factor CD changer location and used an extension cord for the stock microphone I purchased at Radio Shack. Pretty easy to run....behind the trim in rear area, under the back seat carpet, under the carpet molding trim pieces on the drivers side doors, then up the A column to the drivers side visor. Took 30-45 minutes--and worked great.

Good luck.
Thanks for your tips. You went up the driver's side? Strange given the CD changer is on the passenger side.

I am going to give it a try this weekend (without running all of the wiring under the carpet, etc) to make sure it all works... I have the 3m DIN extension cable so I may try to place the BTA under the center console or passenger seat. If that doesn't work, I may try your mic extension cable option.

Quick Reply: Dension Bluetooth BTA1500