Sponsored by:

New Cayenne S problem: Vehicle Settings won't stick

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Aperture776
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by halfduplex
Picked up my 2011 Cayenne a week ago. I really love it. But it also seems to have a problem saving settings. The most annoying thing is that the radio comes on each time I start the car. I left voice mail for my salesman last night asking if there's some trick to getting it to remember I want the darn thing off. No call back yet. I'm grateful to have found this thread and discovered I'm not the only one with this problem.
I don't think there is a way to turn off the radio. I've only found out how to mute it.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by halfduplex
The most annoying thing is that the radio comes on each time I start the car. I left voice mail for my salesman last night asking if there's some trick to getting it to remember I want the darn thing off.
Originally Posted by Aperture776
I don't think there is a way to turn off the radio. I've only found out how to mute it.
On the Carrera you press the left rotary **** (volume control) to mute and press and hold for a couple of seconds to turn off. Have you tried that?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
On the Carrera you press the left rotary **** (volume control) to mute and press and hold for a couple of seconds to turn off. Have you tried that?
This "feature" was driving me nuts the last loaner I got, couldn't figure out how to turn the radio off. I'll remember this next time I get one (coolant tubes hopefully). Thanks.

And no, I couldn't RTFM since they don't leave the manual in loaner vehicles.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Aperture776
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'll try that tonight and see if that works. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've now found the place in the PCM manual where it says to press and hold the volume **** to turn it on and off. What a relief!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Neo Corricon
4th Gear

I had the same problem after the 40k service reset all the settings on my 2011 Cayenne Turbo.
(Speaking to the issue of remembered comfort settings by the original poster, not the off topic conversation on PCM on/off)

The settings would not stick using various methods.
I finally found this procedure that worked:

1. Unlock the car with your remote.
2. Start the car.
3. Set all your settings.
4. Press the memory button (don't hold it).
5. Hold memory 1 until you get an audible ding.
6. Press the memory button.
7. Hold memory 2 until you get an audible ding.
8. Turn off the car.
9. Open the door and close it.
10. Lock the car with the same remote.

That saved them for me. Hope it works for others.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:14 PM
scorleo
Cruisin'

Angry same problem need help...

Originally Posted by Charcharius
Closure! All fixed, no parts, and minimal effort.

Cause: Control unit for seat memory incorre t basic setting and coding.

Correction: Attempted to clear fault memory. Fault would not clear. Started guided fault finding. Per test plan checked function of fore aft seat adjustment. Found working normally, was about to replace control unit per test step two. Tried resetting to factory setting and recoded control unit manually, then ran normalization procedure on seat. After procedure completed, fault would clear and seat memory functions were available and working as specified.
Hi - Have same issue with our PC. What factory setting are you referring to and where is it? How do you recode control unit manually? Appreciate any information you can offer on this... just missed the warranty window by 11 days .

Quick Reply: New Cayenne S problem: Vehicle Settings won't stick