Sponsored by:

IPOD freezes after disconnecting from Mostbridge

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts
Default IPOD freezes after disconnecting from Mostbridge

I installed the itronics unit this weekend into my 2004 CS and everything is operating as expected except when I pull the IPOD out of the docking cradle (itronics cable is hooked up to dock with pass-thru connection to IPOD). The details:

While docked, IPOD nano screen shows 'Itonics" and the message 'OK to disconnect'. Everything plays fine. When I turn the car off and disconect the the IPOD the screen on the IPOD does not change. It says its still connected to Itronics and it does not respond to any inputs. If it times out and powers down, it will power back up in the same frozen state. The only way I have been able to reset it is by plugging it in to something else - my computer, the treadmill at the gym, etc. Then it hooks into that device and can be disconnected from that correctly.

Anyone else have this happen? Is there a particular sequence I have to follow when disconnecting the IPOD from the Cayenne?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Clutch-n-Throttle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This problem might be iPod specific. When I unplug my iPod, the unit will return to its original screen. A couple of times in the two years I've owned my mObridge, I've had the iPod lock up as you say.

A couple of things you can try. Try resetting your iPod. Press and hold the menu and center button on click wheel. Hold it down till the apple symbol appears. Release and wait until the iPod reboots.

Try another iPod in the mObridge. If it happens agIn then you may have a defective unit.

Contact mObridge directly. Go to the web site and fill out the support page. This guy Matt at mObridge is a great guy. He will respond to your issue within two days. Great guy, great service.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jose
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Quick update, I discovered how to prevent the problem. Under Disc 6, where the Aux input option is, there is an option to unlock the connection from the mObridge. If I do this first, I can then pull it out from the dock without any issues.

Quick Reply: IPOD freezes after disconnecting from Mostbridge