Sponsored by:

MY 2011 or 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Cayenne11DHO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MY 2011 or 2012

I placed the order with the dealer on 31/1 for a MY 2011 Cayenne S.

The dealer said based on the order sequence, the production schedule could be around May / June and I shall expect the delivery by August / September.

He also mentioned if the car is manufactured in June, that is likely a MY2012 model with some price increases.

Having read some news about the Porsche's usual practice, it is likely that some options would become standard options in MY2012 model.

So I am now a bit struggling whether I shall specifically request a MY2012 model if those additional "standard" options could be a good package given some small price increase.......if the increase is small

Any thoughts or insider information on the MY 2012 additional "standard" options?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

why so long, order late jan, should be an early/mid march build and april delivery or may at worst...

turnaround in HK seems bad, esp considering your money is good and our money sucks for Porsche.

not sure in HK but i heard backup camera's are becoming standard (you pay for it) and the wheel arches will be paintable from factory for fee.

note: they become standard, but the MSRP goes up... so no freebies unless you order before they are standard and they usually "good-will" them into the deal.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

It has been 2 1/2 months since I ordered my CS and it's being built this week. Assuming a similar interval earliest build on a car ordered 31/1 woud be mid April with a delivery about 6 weeks later around the first part of June. I have no idea whether the waiting period for cars in Asia is similar but it very well might be longer than in the U.S. Also due to demand the interval may have changed from what it was when I ordered my car so maybe your dealer is correct when he talks about a May-June build date.

I doubt that price or options will change enough to make value an issue. It's more a matter of how much longer you want to wait to be certain you get a 2012, and whether getting a 2011 right before the model year change bothers you.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Cayenne11DHO
Intermediate

If the additional "free" options are those things, then it's not very attractive to me to defer the order further.

It's also crazy that for the 3.6 base model, the expected delivery date in HK is in 1st half 2012 according to the dealer........when I visited the showroom for the first time, the salesman first asked: "Sir, are you ok to wait for more than 1 year if you are interested in the base model?"

So maybe Porsche has reserved production capacity / quota for different markets and the long lead-time in HK is caused by the high demand especially in China ....... let me get back to the Asia queue and wait then
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
funkybuda
AutoX

Originally Posted by rijowysock

and the wheel arches will be paintable from factory for fee.

I hope that means the whole ugly rubber-ish black lower valence around the vehicle as well. If that's the case, this alone worth the wait as currently there is not even an option for it , even if ordering the Turbo...

Quick Reply: MY 2011 or 2012