Sponsored by:

Headlight adjust

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 PM
windsurfnut
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight adjust

Looking for the procedure to aim xenons on a 04 Cayenne S.
Had to replace the LH lamp assembly due to a broken lens. Now the auto height adjust initialization at start up does not run in sync with the RH side, and the range of adjustment is totally off from the RH. If the RH is all the way down, and the LH is all the way up, they still are not completely level..
Wondering if there is a Macro setting or if the auto level needs to be reset/re calibrated somehow
Thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 PM
windsurfnut
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

its in the manual, recommend import shop to correct it or you have to go to stealership.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy a used lamp and did you swap out your HID components into the new assembly? Before you go to the Dealer, try disconnecting the battery and totally discharging the system, then recconnect and see if that allows the lamps to relearn from the system. I know it is a pain to pull the seat to give this a try but it may work and save you some money. I have had issues with my lamps as well and after I did this and replaced the battery at the suggestion of a Porsche Master Tech in Tampa/St Pete, lights have been functioning properly. Good luck and let us know if this helps.

Quick Reply: Headlight adjust