Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers Broke

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield Wipers Broke

Anyone else have this happen? First the passenger wiper was going slow and the drivers side kept getting mangled with it. Then, just the passenger side one stopped and now I have one working wiper. WTF?! Are these things not linked together and have separate motors? What kind of crazy engineering is in this thing!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did this -- they slip. Did you have your windshield changed or the wipers adjusted recently?

Snow and ice can also cause them to slip and loosen up.

Turn them off and reposition them to the proper place and tighten them down -- that is if nothing was bent. Mine were fine after this ==== Untill the motor died
Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yeldogt
Mine did this -- they slip. Did you have your windshield changed or the wipers adjusted recently?

Snow and ice can also cause them to slip and loosen up.

Turn them off and reposition them to the proper place and tighten them down -- that is if nothing was bent. Mine were fine after this ==== Untill the motor died
Wow thanks you were dead on. Wonder how easy this would be to do myself if it were to happen again?

Still under warranty so I took it in and had an oil change and some new rear brakes;was recently forced to relocate to the flatlands 90 mi south but good news is the P dealer here has a substantially better service dept and had a cheaper oil change!

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers Broke