Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 AM
cayenne_gts
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation cayenne gts engine temp 2009 ... help

hii all .. its my first write in this website

i just buy gts cayenne 2009

every thing is normal but ..

when im stop driving but the car engine is run the coolant temp become more than 1/2 littlepit and return again to 1/2 after 4 or 5 second ???

is that normal all gts like this or there is something wrong ?

2nd thing when i open the a.c there is a very abd smelllll become from a.c ?? i chang the filter and still not going

last thing there is a sound like zzzz from tha break ... i should replace it or its ok ??

thanx
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the Rennlist Cayenne Forum.

You mentioned the fact that the temp gauge rises after you've stopped driving but have the engine idling. Does this happen immediately after an agressive highway drive? Where do you live and what is the outdoor temperature when this occurs? Please explain.

I presume that you have a musty smell coming from your A/C system. This also happened to me so I had the A/C evaporator cleaned with a special disinfectant spray that is available through the Wurth automotive products distributor. I then replaced the cabin air filter and the odor has disappeared.

Brake squeak is common on the Cayenne. What is the mileage of your Cayenne? If the pads are not due for replacement, you may have to re-seat them to eliminate the squeak.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I have used Lysol spray straight into the vents and it works fine. Let it sit for ten minutes, the turn on the A/C...GR
Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 PM
cayenne_gts
3rd Gear

thnx alot andy e

1- ita happend after agressive or normal driving also after high way and other ways ( its happen any time when the car stop and still idle )

2- im in kuwait city . in arabian gulf and now our temp betwen 15 to 21 c

3- its only 14000 mile
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne_gts
thnx alot andy e

1- ita happend after agressive or normal driving also after high way and other ways ( its happen any time when the car stop and still idle )

2- im in kuwait city . in arabian gulf and now our temp betwen 15 to 21 c

3- its only 14000 mile
Even though your current geographical location screams intense dry heat, it's safe to assume that at 15°-21°C it shouldn't matter that much. Just the same, I would try to rinse your radiator cavity with a water hose using strong pressure to dislodge any sand that may have found it's way into the fins. Sand is an insulator and may in fact impede the radiator's cooling transfer and heat rejection.

At 14000 miles, I personally don't think that you're due for brake pads. Even though the Cayenne is known for brake squeal, you may have to re-seat your pads by jabbing your brakes a few times at about 40 mph. There's a chance that there may be some sand lodged in there which a power wash may be in order.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
cayenne_gts
3rd Gear

i sold this ****ing car today in cheep price

i hate it so0 much its shame for porsche .... really really bad

idea to buying porsche again

Quick Reply: cayenne gts engine temp 2009 ... help