Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010-77/)
-   -   Cayenne Coolent Pipe Class Action Law Suit - Effort Now Underway (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/613104-cayenne-coolent-pipe-class-action-law-suit-effort-now-underway.html)

INURGRL951 10-31-2011 09:08 PM

It is only leaking threw the tranny weep hole NO WHERE ELSE. I have not had the rupture that everyone else been talking about on the boards about coolant pouring out everywhere. The pictures are from on top of tranny via borascope.

ltc 10-31-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mudman2 (Post 8988633)
Excuse me Mate, WE ALL HAVE HAD these problems, some of us have been thru lemon law proceedings and law suits with PCNA and PAG

I have had the coolant pipes 2 drive shafts a new transmission 2 air struts, 4 sets of coils air compressor etc etc etc

i have had it since new so before you start throwing stuff around be aware that we are all in the same boat.

What we disagree on is the futility of a hopes raising CAS which based on EXPERIENCE will die

:corn: :icon501: :icon107: :cheers:

mudman2 10-31-2011 09:39 PM

oh man of little words , all hail !

ltc 11-01-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by mudman2 (Post 8988896)
oh man of little words , all hail !

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=802

Divot 11-01-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by INURGRL951 (Post 8988808)
It is only leaking threw the tranny weep hole NO WHERE ELSE. I have not had the rupture that everyone else been talking about on the boards about coolant pouring out everywhere. The pictures are from on top of tranny via borascope.

I've got your tranny weep hole right here.

seankrider 11-01-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by hadenough (Post 8988362)
Hay mate, (rijowysock) you obviously do not have the problems we all have because you have not the foggiest how we feel, give us a break,my checkbook does take this seriously thank-you,just give us cayenne owners a few lousy minutes to laugh about our problems,when you are at service centre with head on managers table about to cry (im a women) or driving a 200,000 dollar pig ( cost after all repairs so far ) and wondering about every noise then come back and see if you could do with a bit of a smile.Ill be waiting for you as i have no choice unlike yourself in having to come back to check on the progress.Have a nice day.

I didn't see a single post from rijowysock in this whole thread... so are you irritated at Divot's signature line...??? Not that this would be a first...

Divot 11-01-2011 01:34 PM

The sig line is a direct quote.

Please note that it required no editing, unlike some other sig that will remain nameless, although I still laugh every time I see it, especially in OT.

hadenough 11-09-2011 04:31 PM

May be wrong

Hi, sorry i thought this guy was having a go at me joking around about the glasses, but your right ,i can't find it anywhere except for under quote, I was talking about the guy who said this forum is a joke, Sorry, anyway just heard on news this morning Toyota has put out recall for 2004-2005 cars with some small steering problem,thats 8 years ago , not sure if this will help but that is damm good service as i said in one of my threads. Maybe your lawyers could use them as what a good car company should do, Im so sorry again, please forgive:bowdown:

mudman2 11-09-2011 04:34 PM

Haha your OK, now all we have to figure out is how to get Toyota to purchase VW.

Divot 11-09-2011 05:23 PM

I take it from the avatar the mudmobile is flying again?

mudman2 11-09-2011 05:29 PM

She is WOOHOO

Renn 951 11-09-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by hadenough (Post 9011676)
just heard on news this morning Toyota has put out recall for 2004-2005 cars with some small steering problem,thats 8 years ago , not sure if this will help but that is damm good service as i said in one of my threads. Maybe your lawyers could use them as what a good car company should do

Oh, that's rich - the company that paid a record $16M fine to the US Government last year for failing to report potential problems with sticking accelerators is now the paragon for "what a good car company should do!"

:roflmao:

mudman2 11-09-2011 07:12 PM

you sir need to fall on your sword for PC

hadenough 11-09-2011 09:34 PM

Ok, maybe you have different problems over there, but here in australia toyota has a great name,one of the top selling cars for reliability and service As i hop into my 150,000 dollar porsche and hear the warning ding tell me side lights are buggered and my radio antenna is not working and scared my motor might blow, my girlfriend hops into a toyota prado that i sold to her for 18,000 8 years ago,who by the way gets a recall last year for a tiny problem, drives off without a care in the world,and has done so for the last 8 years as did i when i owned it. when did you last get a recall, O was it for your water pump ? O silly me, no you had to pay for it. LOL .Boy are you right ,I am wacko, wacko for buying this stupid car and not the new prado i was going to buy. I thought i was being nice telling you about this,but crickey you really turned that around.

Renn 951 11-10-2011 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by hadenough (Post 9012451)
Ok, maybe you have different problems over there, but here in australia toyota has a great name,one of the top selling cars for reliability and service As i hop into my 150,000 dollar porsche and hear the warning ding tell me side lights are buggered and my radio antenna is not working and scared my motor might blow, my girlfriend hops into a toyota prado that i sold to her for 18,000 8 years ago,who by the way gets a recall last year for a tiny problem, drives off without a care in the world,and has done so for the last 8 years as did i when i owned it. when did you last get a recall, O was it for your water pump ? O silly me, no you had to pay for it. LOL .Boy are you right ,I am wacko, wacko for buying this stupid car and not the new prado i was going to buy. I thought i was being nice telling you about this,but crickey you really turned that around.

So, today's Toyota recall is for over a HALF MILLION vehicles with "possible steering problems." That makes it over 14 MILLION Toyotas with safety recalls in the last couple of years. Yes, there was lots of wild hysteria over their "unintended acceleration" issues a couple years ago, but behind all of that there is documentation that they were slow to respond to (or ignored) some real problems related to accelerator pedal design and that's why they got the big fine from the US Government. And unlike Porsche, they chose to save a few bucks by not including a brake override system that would cut off the gas if the brake pedal and gas pedal were pressed simultaneously. Toyota has made numerous engineering and quality control mistakes over an extended period as they pressed to be the largest car manufacturer in the world. Their latest products do not seem to be as good as what they were turning out 8-10 years ago.

I'm sorry you are not happy with your Cayenne, but why did you buy it instead of a new Prado? Performance? Image? If all you really wanted was rock solid reliability you should have bought a Honda. A Honda Pilot (or equivalent Aussie model) might be a better choice for you. All Porsche models have their quirks, and if you aren't willing to put up with that in return for the driving performance they provide then just realize you made a mistake, dump the car, and buy a Honda. You'll be a lot happier than waiting to see if something comes out of any class action lawsuit IMHO.

In any event, best of luck with whatever course you decide!

:to_order: