Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne Side Markers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Cayenne Side Markers

Has anyone installed these by themselves yet? I'm thinking of ordering them (Meteor Metallic Grey is screaming for them) but I'm not sure about the hassle of installation. I assume you just remove the tire & wheel well cover to access it.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It should be covered in the owners manual, under bulb replacement.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them....
Attached Images    
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Page 299 of the 2011 Cayenne owners manual, according to the index, shows how to remove the side marker to replace the bulb. Unfortunately my PDF of the manual is missing pages 260-305 or I'd post a copy of the page.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great Rome.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered them from Suncoast yesterday and it appears to be a pretty straight forward installation. I installed them on my 2008 CS and from what I read, it was a similar (but perhaps more difficult) installation. No special tools needed, just a little patience.

The Boxster side marker replacements are a breeze compared to these (pop off and on).
Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

My 6 came in this morning (more on this in another thread later ) and I changed out the side markers this evening. While it wasn't hard, I found it to be a bit of a pain initially. The directions in the owner's manual obviously helps (pasted the section below) and someone on Renntech also explained it quite well. After spending about 45 mins on one side, I completed the other in about 10 mins.

My notes to add... I used a flashlight to locate the safety clip, took a long flat head screwdriver to release the clip, while at the same time using the screwdriver to push out the lens by the safety clip. I couldn't find any other way to press the lens out of the wheel housing as there isn't any way to get leverage (hence the 30 mins of trying on the first side). The lens is in there pretty good with two pressure clips and it did require a good amount of force, almost enough where I was afraid I might break something. Once you pop the lens off, it's a breeze.

I bought bulbs below from Autozone, they look clear, but light up Amber.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=480762_0_0_

Well worth the trouble!
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by slwong23
My 6 came in this morning (more on this in another thread later ) and I changed out the side markers this evening. While it wasn't hard, I found it to be a bit of a pain initially. The directions in the owner's manual obviously helps (pasted the section below) and someone on Renntech also explained it quite well. After spending about 45 mins on one side, I completed the other in about 10 mins.

My notes to add... I used a flashlight to locate the safety clip, took a long flat head screwdriver to release the clip, while at the same time using the screwdriver to push out the lens by the safety clip. I couldn't find any other way to press the lens out of the wheel housing as there isn't any way to get leverage (hence the 30 mins of trying on the first side). The lens is in there pretty good with two pressure clips and it did require a good amount of force, almost enough where I was afraid I might break something. Once you pop the lens off, it's a breeze.

I bought bulbs below from Autozone, they look clear, but light up Amber.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=480762_0_0_

Well worth the trouble!
Thanks for the post. The clear lenses ordered from Suncoast Porsche come with the bulbs you need. (Bulbs were included when I bought my Carrera clear side markers too). You must have bought from somewhere else, or are they lying when they say bulbs are included for the Cayenne?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks for the post. The clear lenses ordered from Suncoast Porsche come with the bulbs you need. (Bulbs were included when I bought my Carrera clear side markers too). You must have bought from somewhere else, or are they lying when they say bulbs are included for the Cayenne?
I ordered from Suncoast, I believe the side markers do come with the bulbs now. I placed my order a couple months back before they had any of the 2011 accessories posted on the website, and they gave me an option with or without the bulbs. I opted for without because I wanted to find the bulbs that I purchased from Autozone. I think the price difference was nominal, but given the markers are clear, I didn't want the amber bulbs behind them (overly ****, I know).
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Just installed this weekend on my 09 gts. Bought from Suncoast. Included the amber blubs. Not hard but just a time consuming hassle......gr
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by slwong23
I ordered from Suncoast, I believe the side markers do come with the bulbs now. I placed my order a couple months back before they had any of the 2011 accessories posted on the website, and they gave me an option with or without the bulbs. I opted for without because I wanted to find the bulbs that I purchased from Autozone. I think the price difference was nominal, but given the markers are clear, I didn't want the amber bulbs behind them (overly ****, I know).
That expains it. Just wanted to know what to expect when I order mine. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM
wolverine1
AutoX

I just replaced mine today.
I tried the fishing wire method of removing the yellow markers but my fishing line broke. I used a piece of light gauge picture frame wire instead. It took less that five minutes per side to pop off the old markers, plug in the lights and snap on the new clear markers. It could not have been easier!
The kit came with new yellow bulbs but I reused the clear bulbs. If I get pulled over, I'll replace them!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM
YRUNVS
Advanced

Is 194 the number for the bulb in the side marker?

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Side Markers