Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayenne 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan09
Thank you all for your replies, it's very appreciated. I'll be posting back updates about the car once I get it.

What is an acceptable price for the 2006 cayenne v6 at 60,000km, does somewhere around 30k sound like a good deal?

Ryan
No that would'nt be a good price....at least here in the states. I paid $27000 for my 2005 V6 that had 30000 miles and practically every option known to man, like pano sunroof, nav, heated seats, thermally insulated glass, aero package, sport exhaust, 20 inch color coded aero wheels, soft look leather, wood package, rear climate control etc. etc.
As far as tires i didnt think they were too bad, I purchased the yokohama parada specs and they were like in the 140 range per tire if i remember right.
I did a pre-purchase inspection at a porsche dealer and it was around 250 dollars.
Good luck on your purchase!!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
ryan09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I picked up the car today. The drive is awesome, well really I'm comparing it to a nissan pathfinder but still. Inside is very clean, all leather, fully equipped. I love the blue headlights when you turn the engine off. It's the v6 not the S but I'm still not sure about the price so I didn't confirm the buy yet. Anything I should be looking at myself before taking it to the porsche mechanics?

Thanks all for the help once again,
Ryan
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any Cayenne is a nice vehicle, granted. But you owe it to yourself to at least test drive an S, ideally right after the V6. At least a few of us subscribe to the view that the Turbos are the best bargain of the bunch. But an S at least.

My buying experience in a nutshell: test drove base Cayenne and fell in love with the car; V6 seemed sluggish on freeway onramp - thought we had grabbed Touareg keys on accident. Next took V8 S out for a spin - felt like I was in a real Porsche (owned a Boxster); loved it, ready to buy. Just for fun, drove a Turbo - big, big mistake; thought I was hauling *** and cornering a sports car...until I saw three kids cheering in rear view mirror.

The price bump from base to S was relatively cheap for huge gains; from S to Turbo was an even better bargain. Consider it like buying a house in Honolulu - $2M for a nice place a quarter mile in, $2.5M a block from the beach with a view, $2.9M on the sand.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove an S and then a Turbo, the Turbo felt like a totally different vehicle. The main thing i noticied was the smooth leather dash/door panel cards/ancantara headliner, and the lcd in the instrument panel. The S kinda felt cheap, even my 01 X5 felt nicer, i can't imagine what the V6 model felt like.

Good luck in your choice, but you owe it to yourself to drive an S and Turbo model before choosing anything, if you live in the USA your lucky, they are all cheaper than up here in Canada.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
ryan09
Advanced

I might have to try the S but the thing is, I'm buying the v6 from a friend and I might get it at a better deal. Well, Canadian prices that is. I felt like the v6 is strong enough but obviously I never tried any other porsche so I can't compare it.

I have a quick question, on the center console, between the driver and passenger seat. There is a switch thing that looks like it controls the suspensions. I tried playing around with it but it wouldn't do anything, just a blinking red light. Can anyone tell me what it does? If you need a picture, let me know.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Dominick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats - enjoy the ride!!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've said this before too, but if the prices in the US are a lot better (and it seems they are), couldn't you pick one up here, and ship it or drive back? Ideally, a CPOd vehicle (do warranties transfer across the border?).

The way people talk about scarcity and high prices in Canada, there's almost an arbitrage play waiting for some enterprising type.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Brit6
I test drove an S and then a Turbo, the Turbo felt like a totally different vehicle. The main thing i noticied was the smooth leather dash/door panel cards/ancantara headliner, and the lcd in the instrument panel. The S kinda felt cheap, even my 01 X5 felt nicer, i can't imagine what the V6 model felt like.
Any Cayenne can have the full leather like the Turbo does, my S has it as well as Air suspension, PCM..etc..etc with the exception of the headliner and the instrument cluster mine looks like any Turbo. So dont let that stop anyone from an S ... but that said, I would not mind the turbo engine!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan09
I have a quick question, on the center console, between the driver and passenger seat. There is a switch thing that looks like it controls the suspensions. I tried playing around with it but it wouldn't do anything, just a blinking red light. Can anyone tell me what it does? If you need a picture, let me know.

Thank you,
Ryan
Picture of a mountain and a road? Continuously blinking red light mean there is an error, it controls transfer case/ Differentials. It will be scanned by the dealer when you do the PPI
Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM
ryan09
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Picture of a mountain and a road? Continuously blinking red light mean there is an error, it controls transfer case/ Differentials. It will be scanned by the dealer when you do the PPI
Well, I read the manual and it says I have to go on neutral and hold the breaks to change the differentials. It works now and the light stays red. What does it exactly do? I mean I see a picture on the speedometer that looks like it's on 4x4 but isn't that always the case?

One more thing, is there a way to connect an ipod to the sound system, or it's not a stock feature?

And yes the Cayenne I'm test driving now has the full leather options, looks nice.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne 2006