Sponsored by:

04 CS and funky acting ignition keys... any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011 | 08:08 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

Question 04 CS and funky acting ignition keys... any ideas

Hey folks, I have some weird stuff going on with my keys.... brief summary

My 1 1/2r. old son decided to play hide and seek with my keys that contain the key FOB I usually use so I had to use the beat up key that I've had in a jar "just in case" It hasn't worked to remotely open the doors in forever but would start the car no problem. After about a week or two of using the "old" key I found my keys in my daughter's play kitchen microwave... go figure.

BTW around the time I "lost" my keys, the battery under my seat started giving me trouble and has since been replaced. Every time I started the car the clock reset, ac/heater wouldn't work for several minutes, along with other general weirdness

FOB #2, which has been the one that I use (since it will remotely open the doors with no problem) has stopped working in the ignition. When I insert the key nothing happens. NO dings, NO light, big NADA. and after a few seconds I get "immobilizer active" on the screen.

If I remove that key and use the other one, upon insertion I get all kinds of normal fun stuff. Dash comes alive and after a foot on the brake cranks right up. what gives?
Old 01-08-2011 | 08:32 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

New batteries in key fob?
Old 01-08-2011 | 09:23 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

yup... and the strange thing is my "primary" fob still locks/unlocks the CS just fine. It's only when I stick it in the ignition that I get the "immobilizer active"
Old 01-09-2011 | 01:12 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Sounds like you need to reprogram your keys. This can happen after a main battery change.
Trip to the dealer.
Old 01-09-2011 | 01:36 PM
medtech
Drifting

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
Sounds like you need to reprogram your keys. This can happen after a main battery change.
Trip to the dealer.
+1
Old 01-09-2011 | 03:14 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
Trip to the dealer.
+2. Or, try unplugging your battery and waiting a few minutes to re-connect to perform a re-boot?

Quick Reply: 04 CS and funky acting ignition keys... any ideas