Sponsored by:

Center console armrest won't open

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
dbm911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console armrest won't open

I have a 2005 Cayenne and the upper storage area under the armrest (center console) is stuck and will not open. The bottom storage works fine. The release has some play in it but seems like it won't move far enough to disengage. The bright side is that it happens to be empty at the moment, so it's not critical!

Has anyone ever seem this problem and if so was there a solution? I haven't tried brute force just yet. I may just order a replacement release handle and see if I can get it working, but I guess I need to get it open first?

Thanks for any help!

Dave
Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is my search engine. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Hope you can download the PDF attachments with a 'user' status: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-is-stuck.html
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
dbm911
Track Day

Ha! Andy thanks for the link, I swear I searched and must have glossed over it!! However; I was able to download the attachments and will give it a shot. Maybe something is just hung up and I can fix it before ordering a new part.

Much appreciated!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Doc911
Intermediate

The same thing has happened to me. I would appreciate if someone, who has opened a stuck armchair storage tray as shown in the PDF, would share their experience. I don't want to damage anything unnecessary.

I assume I'm supposed to follow Fig 102 and 103 (as I don't have a phone in the armrest). Also, I don't have an "assembly wedge".

Quick Reply: Center console armrest won't open