Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Air Suspension Fault Code Is...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:25 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Air Suspension Fault Code Is...

I've been getting occasional 'air suspension faulty - workshop' warnings for over a year now; I've posted on this subject before but think this is prime for a new thread.

This morning the warning came on about 4 blocks from my house and I just happened to be on my way to the dealer on an unrelated matter. When I got there I was careful not to shut the engine off and for the first time the tech was able to pull a fault code. My repair ticket says Level Fault #1772 Pressure Sensor Signal.

As I understand it, the sensor is inside the air pump and when it goes bad you must replace the whole thing.

Since the estimate is $1,107.31 I don't believe I will, thank you very much. I can live with the occasional warnings so long as no other symptoms appear, and in over a year they have not.

--Bob / 04 CS / 37k miles / Original Owner
Old 12-21-2010, 02:34 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't have the info handy but do a search on a VW rebuild kit for the pump. Apparently, it is small $$ and you can do it fairly easily.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott C
I don't have the info handy but do a search on a VW rebuild kit for the pump. Apparently, it is small $$ and you can do it fairly easily.
Thanks, but 'easy' is a relative term and in any event I no longer have a place to do this sort of thing.

The dealer's parts guys tell me they are not able to order VW parts so what I may do is talk to my old independent shop about this.

The colder it gets the more warnings I seem to get, especially in the first 4 or 5 blocks of driving in the morning, but so far I have not seen any ill effect other than the slight chattering of the pump before the warning comes on and the annoyance of the warning itself.

Quick Reply: The Air Suspension Fault Code Is...