Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'11 CS - Air Suspension necessary/worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Firebird2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Had air suspension on my 2008 Cayenne GTS, but I am not getting in on my 2011 Cayenne "S" and I tow a trailex open trailer.(would like to move up to an enclosed one, but not in the cards). I am getting PASM and I think that will serve my purposes while not having all the plumbing that goes with air suspension.
Hi,

Can you tell me the tongue or ball weight is on your trailer. I am about to order a 2011 Diesel and will be towing a Yamaha 242L 24ft boat. it has 550lbs ball weight. I am trying to work out if the benefits of air out weighs the cost. I will not be taking it off-road, I am not that stupid, and the two lowered height are not really applicable as our maximum speed limit is 65MPH (110Kph) and is heavily enforced.

It also means that I can spend some of the $3000+ on other options.

Your thought would be greatly appreciated.

AVAWONDAFULXMAS

Cheers
Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
cayennekl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AS is a MUST.....got a 2011 CS with AS and loving every second of it compared to my ex 2006 CS that is without AS.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As mentioned earlier, air suspension is not required, it does not increase tongue weight capacity.
Also, PAG states that you can not use load sharing/distributing type hitches with air suspension.

There are many forum veterans who have towed with Cayennes since the early days...a search will yield their towing loads and observations.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
As mentioned earlier, air suspension is not required, it does not increase tongue weight capacity.
Also, PAG states that you can not use load sharing/distributing type hitches with air suspension.

There are many forum veterans who have towed with Cayennes since the early days...a search will yield their towing loads and observations.
As a veteran "tow-er", I attach this photo that shows air suspension makes a huge difference in the angle of attack of the airfoil as it slipstreams towards the end of the driveway.
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Merry Christmas stranger ... You've been missed...newbies are running rampant around these parts, unaware of the STFF rules
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Merry Christmas stranger ... You've been missed...newbies are running rampant around these parts, unaware of the STFF rules
It is good to be missed. I will attempt to do better... purplesaurus rex on backorder but will make do...... newbie chicken is important to the flavor of the pig forum... couldn't help myself posting my trailer pics with my air suspension equipped Tit.S..

Quick Reply: '11 CS - Air Suspension necessary/worth it?