Sponsored by:

Rate my build for v6 cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
pg103
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rate my build for v6 cayenne

Just wanted you all to check out and see what I'm missing.

2011 Cayenne V6 Tiptronic
Jet Black Metallic
Luxor Beige
21 inch SportEdition Wheel
Convenience Package
Moonroof
parking sensors with back up camera
light comfort package

MSRP 64350

I know that the wheels are expensive, but I love the way they look. Not so sure about the light comfort package, I don't even know what it is it but my sales person said it's worth it for extra 250. Don't really want to spend more than 65k. Pano roof is no big deal to me....I don't have any children.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

The wheels are a lot of money relative to the price of the car but make a big difference. They look really good. I'm glad that the front LED lights on the v6 are aligned horizontally like the turbo unlike previous models.

Consider passing on the back up camera. The ParkAssist Front and Rear actually includes a visual element when activated. It shows the top view of your Cayenne on your nav screen when activated. Along with the audio warnings, it does a brilliant job of showing how closes objects are in the front and rear changing from green than yellow and red as you get closer. I'll load a screen shot later.

Also consider the roof rails if you think you'll ever use them. You CAN'T (oops, edited) attach them later. I don't have them on mine but I have the tow package so I can attach a ski or bike rack to that if I need to.

Finally, I love my 3 spoke sport steering wheel with paddle.

Last edited by daddyscar; 12-03-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like a great build. I think the light comfort package is basically mood lighting, with a second 12V outlet in the cargo area thrown in. I know it's only $250, but still....

I posted about my build yesterday, and was reminded about the potentially very practical roof rails which I had neglected and which can't be added later unless you drill the roof which might not even be possible. It was also suggested that if I ordered the Pano roof, the rails are cheaper and the total price for the two is $1480, so that's what I'm going to do. You could lose the light package, add rails and Pano roof, and only be $580 over your budget. If you go with daddyscar's suggestion about the back up camera, which I agree with, you're right at your target price again. Just a thought.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Here's a pic of the parking assist activated while it was in my garage. The rear shows yellow indicating the garage door running evenly close to my rear bumper. The front shows two object very close to the front left of my car. I've had front and rear sensors plus rear camera on my old GL450 and this car is easier to park with the top view.

One other thing I remembered . . . the non-smoker package if you don't smoke. Usually the ash tray is at least good for holding coins. But the ash tray up front is skinny and deep. Too deep for holding coins but not deep enough to put a credit card or parking pass. The rear ash trays on the doors only invite my kids to put crap in them. Plus the lighter up front sits uncovered between the cup holders. A 12v plug sits right behind it in the center arm rest so there's no need for it unless you need to light up.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 AM
pg103
Instructor

How about this option?
Everything the same, except deleting convenience package and backup camera..keeping the parking sensors. Adding the premium package instead. MSRP 64670.
Are the servotronic, 14 way seats, heated steering wheel worth giving up backup camera and 300 bucks
Old 12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

I like my 14 way seats but could live without them. Not cold enough here for heated steering wheel and don't need any more steering assist. Instead of the premium package, I'd get the 14 way seats plus ventilated front seats if you really want the 14 way seats.

What about the Bose Sound package? It sounds decent. Standard stereo systems in luxury cars often sound bad.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

You will love the pano roof (if you don't think you will ever ned the roof rails, I would pass) and I think it would be a mistake to not have it given how small the premium for that option is. I would also encourage you to listen to stock stereo vs bose to see if the upgrade is worth it. How about the 20"RS spyder wheels with its titanium shade look. You can save some good chunk of change with that wheel option. Please figure in the higher cost of tire replacement and the slightly harsher ride when you spec a 21 inch wheel. Do you have a build allocation date. I hope you do know that they are a rare commodity these days.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Yes, add the Premium package instead. I believe it comes with the Front/rear park assist, so make sure you don't have it in your build twice- I went with the same package on my order. You might want to consider $150 ext in high gloss black, it'll replace the silver with black trim around the windows and go well with your JBM exterior. The 21s are great looking wheels, but as w00t mentioned, more expensive for replacement tires and a harsher ride should be expected with that added cost. One thing I wish I did Include was the tow hitch since I didn't get the roof rails, not sure if you have a need for that. I believe it can be added later, but it's a relatively low cost option.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having had an '11 'S' for a little more than a week now, all I will say is that the power and driving dynamics of the 8 cyl is intoxicating.... That engine, gear box and braking is superior to all the other options combined...
Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 AM
AppleChilli
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pg103
Just wanted you all to check out and see what I'm missing.

2011 Cayenne V6 Tiptronic
Jet Black Metallic
Luxor Beige
21 inch SportEdition Wheel
Convenience Package
Moonroof
parking sensors with back up camera
light comfort package

MSRP 64350

I know that the wheels are expensive, but I love the way they look. Not so sure about the light comfort package, I don't even know what it is it but my sales person said it's worth it for extra 250. Don't really want to spend more than 65k. Pano roof is no big deal to me....I don't have any children.

Thanks
Wheels: The 21" wheels are great; however, if possible I would consider adding things that are functional and/or cannot be included later. There are quite a few aftermarket companies that will sell you, just as good or better, 21" wheels and tires later on in your ownership.

No Bose: I haven't heard the stock radio; however, I have heard the Bose, but I cannot recommend it. I do recommend/suggest that you listen to both and see what suites your taste.

Engine: The knock on the V6 if you can call it such, is that it doesn't have the grunt and sound of the V8... the mpg is 1 mile better than the V8 and it's a VW tuned by Porsche engine. Personally, I like the V6; however, if in getting the V6 I'd get it with some performance enhancers such as AIR/PASM/PTV and PDCC (if it doesn't put you over budget). That way I wouldn't have the engine (which is no slouch), but I'd still be able to enjoy all of the other Porsche Cayenne aspects. That's a good move by Porsche to offer these, but as your know, they do so at an added cost.

Park assist camera: I noticed that you do not have a tow hitch; therefore, you really don't need the camera (depends on your comfort level).

Light comfort package: It adds a nice aura (mood lighting), not sure long term how that will play out. If you were looking to save money, I could think of better ways to spend it: trailer hitch, rear air bags are a couple (albeit a little more expensive) items that come to mind.

Have fun, take your time, but make sure that you get an allocation spot if you plan on seeing your vehicle, built and arrived, in the next 3 to 4 months.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Pg 103, applechili has given you one of the best advices you can get. I have seen all his posts for the past couple of months and can assure you that he has great insight on the 2011 Cayennes which is still virgin territory to all of us including the the salesmen @ Porsche.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 AM
pg103
Instructor

Thanks for all your suggestions. I placed a deposit on the next quarter allocation another day. No one around me has a Cayenne V6 available until after March. My sales person said that he should have the allocation for 2nd quarter in the next month.

Here is what I did:
Cayenne V6 Tiptronic
Jet black mettalic
21inch Sport Edition wheels
Luxor Beige
Convenience package with Pano roof
parking sensor with no camera
light comfort package
non-smoker package

I went to the dealership and compared the 20inch rs and 21inch SE wheels and I love the 21 inch so much better. To me, it was worth additional 1700. Thanks to you all, I decided not to go with a back up camera and use the saving toward Pano roof. Saw the difference in the Light comfort package and not having one, and it make a big different in the evening. Decided not to go with premium package bacause 14 way seat and servotronic was no big deal for me. I was very comfortable in the 8 way seat....and not a big fan of 18 ways seat due to difficulty of getting in middle seat in the back. I personally don't like blaring my music so Bose was not a big deal to me. My other car is a Jeep which has the roof rails and towing hitch already. And lastly, I live in Florida where I don't plan to take the car in rugged terrain, so there were no need for me to get AIR/PASM.

Again, thank you for all your post. I will definitely post some picture when it comes in.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Congrats. Good explanation for your decisions. Only mistake IMO is not going with PASM. It is a MUST have option and has nothing to do with rugged terrain. Just check your Cayenne brochure for details. It just transforms the driving experience from a lexusy drive to a 911y one. I hope you test drove one w/ PASM.

Quick Reply: Rate my build for v6 cayenne