Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I be jus as happy with a CTT or should I get an S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Will I be jus as happy with a CTT or should I get an S?

Considering buying a used Cayenne Turbo. Seems to be quite a few lower mileage options available. Is the S worth the extra $$$? I won't complain about the extra power. Might come in handy pulling my Trailex.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:37 AM
mmmbeer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember that the Cayenne Turbo S (Not just S, as that is the non turbo V8 model) does not just have the extra power due to better intercoolers and the different engine management, but also:

-Larger brakes (380x38mm front discs vs 350x34mm, 358x28mm rear discs vs 330x28mm, larger calipers and pads).

-Sportier suspension due to different shock absorbers, tie rods, control arm mounts and a different air suspension control program.

-Larger wheels than the standard Turbo wheels as those 18"ers does not fit around the front brakes.

I am not sure if the Turbo S has any of the other options as standard, but I am sure someone will fill us in.

How much this is worth; consider that this is almost identical (21hp more) to the $20.000 E81 power kit option for the Cayenne Turbo. And the larger wheel option, which also cost some $ as an option to the Turbo.

Last edited by mmmbeer; 11-28-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Added info on value
Old 11-28-2010, 05:16 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what's the difference in price these days between Turbos and Turbo S's?

Good points, on the configuration.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually pulling a trailex you would be fine with a normal 'S' - the turbo just adds more fun. A CTT in 'S' configuration (2006 models) CTTS is a blast to drive. Just forget about gas mileage and driving other cars once you get one. As far as an SUV, it is not really that big and it hauls very little compared to my former LandRovers but you never stop grinning when you are behind the wheel.
If you intend to tow with it, definitely look for vehicles which already have the towing package installed. It is VERY expensive to add. Regardless you will still have to add a brake controller, again, not a plug and play affair.
I would expect to see a 3-7k difference in price for a similarly equipped CTTS vs. CTT - well worth it in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Will I be jus as happy with a CTT or should I get an S?