Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexus RX vs. Cayenne V6

Old 11-24-2010, 09:27 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Rijowysock post is very thoughtful and thorough. It is hard to argue against a Cayenne. I custom ordered a fully loaded CS for my wife but Rijowysock makes a very good arguments in favor of need vs want. Where were you when I custom ordered mine. I could have saved tons of $$ on our Cayenne. It was very hard to resist options like the BURMESTER (the best audio system on this planet), full leather, pana roof, PDCC, PTV and walla they add up to > 30K over base price.
everyone's list of NEED vs WANT would be different... i got some stuff on my Carrera that i really could have lived without, and the argument most sling is "it will help resale", but i'm sorry... people are CHEAP and when it comes to resale they always want what you didn't option and everything you did pick they really don't care about (negotiation tactic)

as far as audio, i have turned on my head unit TWICE in my Exige since i bought it (2.5 months ago) so audio is not a key thing to me, i DID however like that my Carrera loaded and played DVD's for music (convenient to have 50 CD's at a fingers reach) the volume was usually on low and the BOSE was overkill. Full leather i had on a previous 997 and really disliked the upkeep (I detail my own vehicles)...
Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts

RX because it's her car and any issues with the Cayenne will be your fault if she needs to be pushed that way. But it wouldn't hurt to tell her she looks better in a Cayenne.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
pt767
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
RX because it's her car and any issues with the Cayenne will be your fault if she needs to be pushed that way. But it wouldn't hurt to tell her she looks better in a Cayenne.
Aint that the truth!!!! It's always "my fault"!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
pt767
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricster
I have a v6 black on black available, though it's my only one currently. If interested pm me
Thanks....no way for a black car. We're in the desert. We'll see what car she wants. We're not in a hurry (as of today). I need for her to drive the Cayenne again to sway her (I want a Cayenne!!!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RX vs. Cayenne V6