Sponsored by:

Ordered new 2011 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Ash10
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered new 2011 Cayenne S

First of all, I 'd like to thank the moderators and all members for this wonderful informative forum.

I had my mind all set on a loaded 2011 BMW X5 M until I test drove the Cayenne S (Porsche dealership was right next door to the BMW dealership). Well, little did I know that the S would become a no brainer for me after test driving both. Yes even with 150 HP less in the S. The X5 M is a great car with serious HP and some unmatched options such as contour seats etc but I somehow felt the steering to be a bit too firm. Don't know if it was just me. With the S I felt totally in control of the car and it was so much more enjoyable.... much better ride with stunning interiors and good exterior.

After debating hard on the available choices we finally placed the below order with our dealer. I'd appreciate any comments on the color and build. We're getting 3% off MSRP.

Cayenne S Tiptronic 92A AH1 Price
BASE Cayenne S Tiptronic 63,700.00
2T Jet Black Metallic 790.00
2T Jet Black Metallic 0.00
MC Standard Interior Luxor Beige 0.00
0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank 0.00
PE5 14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg 0.00
PU3 Premium Package Plus 11,650.00
PU6 BOSE® Audio Package 2,160.00
QV4 XM Radio 0.00
1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM 0.00

1NP WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest 185.00
2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncLeathrSW 0.00
3Y8 ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind 0.00
4A4 Heated Seats Front and Rear 0.00
4D3 Seat Ventilation Front 0.00

4L6 Auto Dimming Interior Rearview 0.00
6XT Automatically Dimming Exterior 0.00
7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center 0.00
7D7 CD/DVD changer (6-disc) 0.00

7T1 PCM with Navigation Module 0.00
7X8 ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear 0.00
7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA) 0.00

8EA Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS 0.00
9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting 0.00
9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System 0.00
-------------------------
Total with Options $ 78,485.00

DSTCHG Destination Charge 975.00
Total Charges $ 975.00
Total Order $ 79,460.00
Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

The full leather is REALLY nice... Totally worth the extra 3k IMO.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:12 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Black and beige is always a winning combo. Black is hard to maintain and so is beige so be mindful of that. If you like sunshine panorama roof is good to look into. There is a thread here with pics of the panorama roof. Roof rails cannot be added at a later date. Check out a full leather interior in person and see if the standard interior still holds appeal. If it does, don't spend the money on full leather. I cannot live without full leather ... that too natural leather. I know, I know all the cows that are sacrificed for my rides will get me in my next birth. Good job on going with PASM. How about PTV for another 1.5K. Plenty of threads here on PDCC/PTV so go ahead and use the search button. You do not have to drive like a madman to see the benefits of PTV (or for that matter even PDCC). I would go for rear side air bags too.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-05-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like a good setup, premium package plus really covers a lot of small options for you. did you do the rear side airbags?

hopefully finishing my order tomorrow... really love these new cayenne's... really set in when i saw an old cayenne next to the new one... really seals the deal.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:25 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice build. Did you consider changing out the stock 18s for a 19 or 20" option? How about entry/drive or ext. in high gloss black which will replace the silver around the windows? Rear side airbags is a good one, wish I added that to mine...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Ash10
AutoX

Thanks all for the great feedback. Here's my thought process behind the choices -

Below were the criteria and must haves that helped us define the boundaries so that we could know where to draw the line. If I could I would have everything available on this wonderful machine but can't afford to

1. S trim
2. Must not exceed $90k including the options, additional warranty, taxes and license fees.
3. Must be black exterior (just love black peppers, also makes resale easy from what I heard)
4. Must have Premium package plus (very good value for money).
5. Must have the Bose audio package (Bose is plenty for us)

Why I passed some of the cool options -

I don't do much off roading... go up to Reno / Tahoe couple times a year, thats it. Not into skiing so roof rails are ruled out. Panorama sun roof is very nice but so are the other options in the long list which very quickly add up in cost.

The full leather (love the two tone espresso/cognac), PTV and PDCC appealed equally to me but were secondary to the above criteria. For me, I'd say all three were on the borderline of "must have" and "nice to have". I passed on them as they add almost 10 grand to the on road price and were possible only with a custom order and long wait.

According to the dealer, black with beige and premium package plus was going to be hard to find. We passed on an Auburn metallic, dark blue and jbm with black interior. Luckily, the dealer found the above car that is already built and to be shipped from Germany soon. I was told that wait time is 30 - 40 days. We took it because it was priced right for us, had the right colors and the wait was shorter.

In the end, I think we have ordered a car that's right for us in terms of needs and budget. More importantly, we bought the right car
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ash10
Thanks all for the great feedback. Here's my thought process behind the choices -

Below were the criteria and must haves that helped us define the boundaries so that we could know where to draw the line. If I could I would have everything available on this wonderful machine but can't afford to

1. S trim
2. Must not exceed $90k including the options, additional warranty, taxes and license fees.
3. Must be black exterior (just love black peppers, also makes resale easy from what I heard)
4. Must have Premium package plus (very good value for money).
5. Must have the Bose audio package (Bose is plenty for us)

Why I passed some of the cool options -

I don't do much off roading... go up to Reno / Tahoe couple times a year, thats it. Not into skiing so roof rails are ruled out. Panorama sun roof is very nice but so are the other options in the long list which very quickly add up in cost.

The full leather (love the two tone espresso/cognac), PTV and PDCC appealed equally to me but were secondary to the above criteria. For me, I'd say all three were on the borderline of "must have" and "nice to have". I passed on them as they add almost 10 grand to the on road price and were possible only with a custom order and long wait.

According to the dealer, black with beige and premium package plus was going to be hard to find. We passed on an Auburn metallic, dark blue and jbm with black interior. Luckily, the dealer found the above car that is already built and to be shipped from Germany soon. I was told that wait time is 30 - 40 days. We took it because it was priced right for us, had the right colors and the wait was shorter.

In the end, I think we have ordered a car that's right for us in terms of needs and budget. More importantly, we bought the right car
oh ok, makes sense since its already on the way... i am still surprised that people aren't adding 600 for the panoramic roof (cheap add on) and 370 for rear airbags as standard.

getting quicker delivery is better than a glass roof tho, and the people in the back seat should be fine unless you hit a semi truck.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Ash10
AutoX

Originally Posted by rijowysock
oh ok, makes sense since its already on the way... i am still surprised that people aren't adding 600 for the panoramic roof (cheap add on) and 370 for rear airbags as standard.

getting quicker delivery is better than a glass roof tho, and the people in the back seat should be fine unless you hit a semi truck.
Wouldn't the rear airbags be hazardous for young kids?
Old 11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Wouldn't the rear airbags be hazardous for young kids?
i believe they are the rear side airbags (all cars have curtain airbags) the additional ones are for hips, for side impacts as to not shatter the hips... i wouldn't think this would post any danger to children... curtain airbags are standard and not operated on weight in seat.. from my knowledge hip airbags are the same..

maybe you do have a point tho, they are optional for people transporting adults more than children?

some reading material: http://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/side-air-bags.php
Old 11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Ash10
AutoX

i believe they are the rear side airbags (all cars have curtain airbags) the additional ones are for hips, for side impacts as to not shatter the hips... i wouldn't think this would post any danger to children... curtain airbags are standard and not operated on weight in seat.. from my knowledge hip airbags are the same..

maybe you do have a point tho, they are optional for people transporting adults more than children?
Makes sense. I guess it might have been in my shopping cart if I had gone for a custom order..

<Edited>....I take it back after reading the content in the above link! SAB not right for me.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Makes sense. I guess it might have been in my shopping cart if I had gone for a custom order..

<Edited>....I take it back after reading the content in the above link! SAB not right for me.
as i kept reading, i saw a child getting shot out a side window in my mind, i guess thats why they are optional so they are not liable for wrongful deaths (as the owner chose the option)
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Ash10
AutoX

as i kept reading, i saw a child getting shot out a side window in my mind, i guess thats why they are optional so they are not liable for wrongful deaths (as the owner chose the option)
Thats shocking. I wonder if the rear airbags have any bearing on re-saleability / resale value.

Going back to the panorama sunroof, I believe it is panorama sunshine but not panorama breeze as the roof doesn't open all the way... which also explains why they are not an expensive option (relatively speaking). The term panorama roof shouldn't be misunderstood as close to convertible experience.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Thats shocking. I wonder if the rear airbags have any bearing on re-saleability / resale value.

Going back to the panorama sunroof, I believe it is panorama sunshine but not panorama breeze as the roof doesn't open all the way... which also explains why they are not an expensive option (relatively speaking). The term panorama roof shouldn't be misunderstood as close to convertible experience.
panoramic roof to me is a targa, the front goes back but the back doesnt... its much nicer than small sunroof to me.. then again i ordered my car without any sunroof..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

PU3 Premium Package Plus 11,650.00
This really is a sweet deal. I have it on my 06 S when it was called Preferred Package Plus and included Bi-Xenon, PCM, driver seat memory, air suspension w PASM, tow package, roof rails, heated multi-function steering, 6 disk CD and f & r park assist. Cost was $7,790. With VW in charge, look for packages to expand and across the lines. dave
Old 11-06-2010, 01:37 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Ash10, you did very well considering your budget and thought process. Show us some pics of your ride when she arrives.

Quick Reply: Ordered new 2011 Cayenne S