Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few more 2011 questions, (sorry guys)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:19 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Few more 2011 questions, (sorry guys)

sorry again, trust you guys more than the "Stealership".... they will say anything to sell a car/option.

Looking at 2011 Cayenne, i notice a few things:

A:"Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module and universal audio interface $3,645"
OPTION #7T1

if one were to "NOT" choose this option, what does the dash look like? does it still have the screen but just doesnt have the Navi/Etc like my Carrera? or just a really basic/poor screen like a cheap BMW?

B:Why is the extended range fuel tank even an option? (downsides?) says 22.4gal normally and 26.4gal with "extended range fuel tank"... wondering why there is even an option.

C:Lastly (for now) I notice "Manual Transmission" available only for the V6 model (i think same was done on previous gen Cayenne)... I google/search on here and see many members enthused about their manual cayenne... i find it nice its a 6speed versus 5 speed.. and seems to be a good transmission/geared well.. downsides of course would be resale (or would it? seems a lot of people on here enjoy the manual cayenne and hunt for them)

Basically just wondering how you cayenne owners feel about the manual trans cayenne's? the new 8speed trans sounds nice... and the paddle shifter 3 spoke wheel is standard (looks 1000x better than the damn black steering wheels now) manual sounds like might be fun as well tho.

thanks once again, i really appreciate the help... i hated the 2011's at first but each day they grow on me a little bit more.

-Riley
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, US vehicles get the 26 gal tank as standard ( it was posted a while back ).

IIRC, the manual transmission was offered on the V8 powered GTS variant.

Quick Reply: Few more 2011 questions, (sorry guys)